RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing if the players are indeed prioritising the CL and we step up a level tonight. It has felt to me at times that the players are mentally done from such an intensive battle over the past few years - lots of games, lots of success and a few tough losses. Working with Pep will be draining mentally and then throw in covid, the Euro's and a World Cup. Not easy.

But this one continues to escape us so will we see a different level of performance. A tough game, a team that play in a way we often struggle to contain. Excited for it. Come on lads, bring home that big eared bastard.

Not to sure Jim I watched them against bayern at home the other week it was all every man behind the ball and try and hit quick on the counter. Just can't see them pressing right up the pitch first 20 mins and chance losing the tie in that 20 mins if we get the quick passing going and pick them off.
I think the 'knock out element' will force a change on them. I suspect they've given up getting anything at The Etihad so the only hope might be tonight, and with a Uefa ref!!

Kev out today. Idk that we’ll be able to create. Leipzig love to hit on counter attack. An early goal could force them out of it. Cmon lads. I’d take a 2nd or 3rd in the league in exchange for this fucking monkey off our back tbf.
It's up to the others to create now.
We'll see what team Pep puts out, but i'd like to see Grealish take the KDB role tonight and see if he can step his game up.

I'd luv to win it this season to shut up the critics and other fans, if nothing else.

I hate to be pessimistic but I think we've missed our chances to win it with this squad. You never know, the best team doesn't always win it, but unless everything clicks and we keep key players fit I think we'll struggle.

Liverpool and Chelsea have won the CL with far weaker squads than ours, and certainly neither was the best team in the competition when they did win.

Our current squad is easily our weakest since Pep arrived imo. It would be typical City for us to have an injury crisis and still go on to win it this year!

Daft tournament, daft things happen.

Ederson

Walker Akanji Dias Ake

Rodri

Greailsh Bernardo

Foden Haaland Alvarez

Time to see if Grealish can step up as many imagine he will and play him centrally...with him and bernardo there re a lot of legs in that midfield - Grealish can do the defensive side of the game - get foden closer to the goal where he is better a well and have the 3 upfront who are probably the best finishers.

Im sure we wont get this and Im sure Gundo and Mahrez are going to start but its what Id like to see

I hate to be pessimistic but I think we've missed our chances to win it with this squad. You never know, the best team doesn't always win it, but unless everything clicks and we keep key players fit I think we'll struggle.
You can say that about a lot of teams this season though.
The only consistent, standout team is Napoli.

If Pep is focused on the CL you know he'll have the team ready and i'd fancy us against anyone.

Liverpool and Chelsea have won the CL with far weaker squads than ours, and certainly neither was the best team in the competition when they did win.

Our current squad is easily our weakest since Pep arrived imo. It would be typical City for us to have an injury crisis and still go on to win it this year!

Daft tournament, daft things happen.

There's no doubt on our day it's possible. You look at the Arsenal game last week, only 39% possession or something, rode our luck a bit but won in a high pressure game. We've got it in us it's just if luck, var and the officials don't conspire against us.

Put a LB at LB and we can do things, tinker and we’re fucked.
So, let's be positive - put Ake at LB and we’ve a good chance - 2 goals from the Viking!
1 for them so...2-1 to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.