RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s Pep going on about, why is he saying ‘It’s destiny … whatever happens, I’m going to fail’?

Because he knows we win the champs league it be reported as about time and should won it more with the amount of money he has spent and qualify of his players!

He knows how the media work now!

Yh I agree but we need options off the bench and he's recently just back from injury. We are a bit stretched tonight wouldn't suprise me to see either Lewis or Gomez start.
Don't see Gomez touching the pitch unless something goes seriously wrong. Lewis could start, but I think that would be a bit of a daft decision. Thrusting an 18-year-old into a game like this would be pretty ill-advised, as talented as Lewis is. We have a fit back four: Akanji, Dias, Ake, Walker. Not the back four I would have liked, but a back four nonetheless.

I don't trust this team to turn up away from home anymore. That's not a reaction to the weekend result, it's based on all our away games this season.

We've had 16 away matches so far this season (12 in league, 3 in Europe and 1 in EFL cup), and we've only won 7 of those matches. 7/16 wins is nowhere near good enough for a team trying to be Champions of England and Europe.

I expected us to lose at Arsenal yet we found a way to win that, I expected us to beat Forest yet we found a way to draw that. We're just far too inconsistent.

I still don't think I'll ever fully recover emotionally from the collapse at the Bernabeu last year, all I ask for this season is we don't embarrass ourselves that's literally it.

I still think over 2 legs we should knockout Leipzig, because we're a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. Bad away but largely great at the Etihad. The second leg being at home is pretty huge because whatever happens tonight I believe we'll get the job done in Manchester.

Tbh I'm worried about this first leg because Leipzig have players tailor made to hurt us, they've got good defenders like Gvardiol and most worryingly, lots of pace up front with Werner, Silva, Nkunku etc. to hurt us on the counter.

So I've no idea if we'll win or lose, but I expect it to be a tight result either way and we'll turn up to win the tie in the second leg at the Etihad.

I don't trust this team to turn up away from home anymore. That's not a reaction to the weekend result, it's based on all our away games this season.

We've had 16 away matches so far this season (12 in league, 3 in Europe and 1 in EFL cup), and we've only won 7 of those matches. 7/16 wins is nowhere near good enough for a team trying to be Champions of England and Europe.

I expected us to lose at Arsenal yet we found a way to win that, I expected us to beat Forest yet we found a way to draw that. We're just far too inconsistent.

I still don't think I'll ever fully recover emotionally from the collapse at the Bernabeu last year, all I ask for this season is we don't embarrass ourselves that's literally it.

I still think over 2 legs we should knockout Leipzig, because we're a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. Bad away but largely great at the Etihad. The second leg being at home is pretty huge because whatever happens tonight I believe we'll get the job done in Manchester.

Tbh I'm worried about this first leg because Leipzig have players tailor made to hurt us, they've got good defenders like Gvardiol and most worryingly, lots of pace up front with Werner, Silva, Nkunku etc. to hurt us on the counter.

So I've no idea if we'll win or lose, but I expect it to be a tight result either way and we'll turn up to win the tie in the second leg at the Etihad.
Nerves of steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.