RB Leipzig CL (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Voted for Foden, but could have gone for any of Ake, Lewis, Alvarez or Doku as well.

First half was a write off

Foden probably for his hand in all the goals. The 2 subs were good too. Ake and Lewis also.

Honourable mention to the big Norwegian too, took his goal very well, but he also worked his socks off and showed the desire for the rest of the players to follow suit, chasing the ball down, keeping the energy up etc. He was acting like a captain in the second half. Love his attitude, a proper winner.

Surprised Foden is leading. Up until the substitutions, he was poor - losing the ball, low confidence safety first back passes etc. We all see it differently eh!

I'm surprised Phil has got so many. Yesterday was a perfect illustration of why he is a little frustrating given his god given awesome talent. Second half totally brilliant. First half total nightmare.
I voted for Ake who not only steadied the defence but played a number of incisive passes into the channels to get us on the front foot. Jeremy was also very good when he came on. Pep was criticised unfairly after Liverpool for not making any subs. Yesterday he got it spot on. I shall try and wipe the first half from my mind - hope Dias, Jack and some others do the same.

I know Doku & Alvarez were impressive going forward, but that hadn't been the problem. We were creating vey good chances - although finishing was another matter, but from the centre circle backwards we were a relative shambles. When Ake came on it completely changed and he added composure and class that seemed to settle everyone else down. Pure class.

Rico for me as he was only one you could possibly give it first half and then changed positions second and still performed to his high level

Ake, Doku and Alvarez brilliant substitutions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.