RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

Bojinov The Bull

I swear to god I must be crazy, i really must be because every time I see Gareth Barry play I cannot believe he can get in our team, he's slow, he got the touch of Jimmy Saville and he gives possession away endlessly yet he plays virtually every game. Am I really missing something, maybe I have blinkers on and can't see the good things that he does...can someone explain this please?

I know Garcia is slow but he is better than Barry and Milner in that position would be 10x better than Barry. We have Toure who seems to do nothing for 80 minutes in a game and then decides he wants to run with the ball with Gareth Barry next to him, no wonder we were so shit this season. Hopefully Jack Rodwell can stay fit next year!

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Gareth Barry was possibly our most consistently good player in our title win

You're talking utter bollocks mate

He may go in the summer but he has been a great player for us and I thank him for it

Ye you do realise that was last season not this season don't you?

Barry has had far more solid games over the last couple of seasons than he has not. He was central to last season's title and had the strikers fired other shells than the blanks, I could have said the same this season.

He is not blessed with any measure of pace but brains on a football field often don't need pace!

Bojinov The Bull said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Gareth Barry was possibly our most consistently good player in our title win

You're talking utter bollocks mate

He may go in the summer but he has been a great player for us and I thank him for it

Ye you do realise that was last season not this season don't you?

I don't think anyone has covered themselves in glory this season..Barry has been no worse than anyone else

Barry does his job quietly and just gets on with it. Anyone not at the game will wonder what he offers but he's been quality for us. I do suspect his time may be coming to an end here but if we can keep Rodwell fit, I believe we have an instant replacement.

Has made a contribution to our success but time for him to move on.

Did you go today? Well if Barry plays, Norwich dont score 3. Simple as that. We dont often concede even 2 in a game when Barry plays. Milner will never have the football intelligence of Gareth Barry and hes not alone in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.