Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

oakiecokie said:
Vincent Kompany’s four-match ban for a red card in Sunday's defeat to Manchester United has been upheld by the Football Association following an appeal.

The club captain will sit out both legs of the Carling Cup semi-final against Liverpool, and the games against Wigan and Spurs in the Barclays Premier League. He will become available again for City’s trip to Everton on February 1st.

The FA’s statement read:

"An Independent Regulatory Commission has today dismissed a claim of wrongful dismissal from Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany following his red card for Serious Foul Play in the FA Cup Third Round tie between Manchester City v Manchester United on 8 January 2012. Kompany will serve a four-match suspension with immediate effect. The suspension consists of a statutory three-match suspension for Serious Foul Play plus one additional game given this is Kompany’s second dismissal of the season."

That's exactly the outcome I suspected. Quite how a slide tackle that never threatens to go near the player, and takes the ball cleanly, is punished with what is essentially a 5 match ban (he missed 80 minutes of the derby) is beyond me.

blueinsa said:
The game is dieing a slow death.

Miss 80 mins of a match and a further 4 games for kicking a football and not touching an opposing player.
It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.

blueinsa said:

Miss 80 mins of a match and a further 4 games for kicking a football and not touching an opposing player.

It really does begger belief doesn't it and what more is that people honestly think that he should be sent off because if he hadn't won the ball it could have been dangerous. Who gives a fuck what could have happened, you could talk about a whole range of what ifs. The only thing that should matter is he won the ball with one foot, was nowhere near the player but now we have him missing 4 games. It's a ridiculous decision but sadly expected.

oakiecokie said:
Vincent Kompany’s four-match ban for a red card in Sunday's defeat to Manchester United has been upheld by the Football Association following an appeal.

The club captain will sit out both legs of the Carling Cup semi-final against Liverpool, and the games against Wigan and Spurs in the Barclays Premier League. He will become available again for City’s trip to Everton on February 1st.

The FA’s statement read:

"An Independent Regulatory Commission has today dismissed a claim of wrongful dismissal from Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany following his red card for Serious Foul Play in the FA Cup Third Round tie between Manchester City v Manchester United on 8 January 2012. Kompany will serve a four-match suspension with immediate effect. The suspension consists of a statutory three-match suspension for Serious Foul Play plus one additional game given this is Kompany’s second dismissal of the season."

serious foul play. no intent,no contact,no moaning from nani wtf is happening to the game.

Matty said:
oakiecokie said:

The FA’s statement read:

That's exactly the outcome I suspected. Quite how a slide tackle that never threatens to go near the player, and takes the ball cleanly, is punished with what is essentially a 5 match ban (he missed 80 minutes of the derby) is beyond me.

Makes it even worse,after watching Giggs tackle on Sergio.
How the fuck that twat got away without even a yellow is baffling !!

MCFC BOB said:
blueinsa said:

It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.
No they don't. I'll eat my hat if you show that to me in the FIFA's law of the game document.

What they do is leave it up to the referee's discretion in these sort of instances, citing the use of "brutal force" which in this case I would argue was not present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.