Re: Manchester City Vs Swansea City Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city v swansea match thread.

BringBackSwales said:
I am sure you lot will deffo add to the atmosphere; used to go to Swansea a lot with work (a place called Ystradgynlais) and I always found it to be a very sound place - 1,000 times better than cardiff, and 1,000,000 times better than north wales, good luck for the season apart from our 2 games

Thanks very much - yeah Ystradgynlais is 15/20 miles from our stadium. There used to be a big Lucas factory there but the town was originally built around the iron foundries and coal mines there.

1000 times better than the scum?? At least that :-) no natural scenery/beauty at our lower league neighbours - just unjustified arrogance and huge chips on their shoulders.

1,000,000 times better than the gogs?? No argument there...

Re: City v Swansea pre-match thread

How long have you supported Manchester City and what first got you interested? always had an interest because of my dad who is the most wonderful fella and blue through and through. iv'e been a dyed in the wool citizen since 96 aged 16. my mam was a red from salford and she and dad argued all the time over it, my dad scrawled 5-1 in big blue letters on the wallpaper in the back porch, needless to say, my mum threw him out for a week. my sis is a glory red and so is my brother, a pair of odious bastards. my other sister is a blackburn fan living in darwen

Who would you support if your team wasn’t around? droylsden

Are you a season ticket holder? yes

Do you mostly go to home or away matches? dont go away

Who is your all-time favourite player at your club? never had an all time favourite as not many stuck around very long in my time

Who is your present favourite player at your club? probably joe hart but we're spoiled for choice really.

What was the most important goal scored for your club and who scored it? yaya against the rags in the semi

Which (if any!!) of our players do you like?. dont know any yet but i will get to know them over the season

What’s your prediction for our match, goal scorers etc. close. 1-0 erm dzeko

Which team are your local and/or premiership rivals? rags

What league position do you think that you/we will achieve? 2nd hopefully or higher

Glory – hunting fans are…. my sister who never goes or watches the rags on tv but always seems to pull out a utd shirt when they win a pot

Referees are…. scared of fergie

How long have you supported Manchester City and what first got you interested?
17 years? My dad was the creator of the crime and pain for which I sustained for most of those.
Who would you support if your team wasn’t around?
Bury.
Are you a season ticket holder?
Yes
Do you mostly go to home or away matches?
Home
Who is your all-time favourite player at your club?
My heart says Shaun Wright Phillips. My brain says Ali Benarbia
Who is your present favourite player at your club?
Vincent Kompany
What was the most important goal scored for your club and who scored it?
Peter Crouch own goal last season or Yaya Toure against Stoke. But the actual answer I have to give here in honest truth Michael Johnsons goal against Derby in the first season Sven was in charge. We hadn't score at home in the whole of that calender year up until that goal.
Which (if any!!) of our players do you like?
Dobbie seems like a pretty decent prospect.
What’s your prediction for our match, goal scorers etc.
3-1. Aguero, Kompany & Milner. Routledge for you.
Which team are your local and/or premiership rivals?
Cheeky of me to say Liverpool ;) but no That scum up the road.
What league position do you think that you/we will achieve?
1st. 14th.
Glory – hunting fans are….
Normally rags.
Referees are….
pretty hard to be worse than Mark Clatternburg.

yozzer said:
they should not be in our league ,its the english premier league.
10 nil, aguero all 10 lol

It's easy to take a swipe at the Welsh teams when you don't know the history involved.

Swansea City were founder members of the old third division in 1920 along with another Welsh Team in Newport County, I believe our friends from up the M4 were invited to join the Southern League some ten years earlier in 1910 but had to turn it down because they didn't have a suitable ground until the following season when they moved to the former Ninian Park, so the roots of Welsh teams in the English league system go back over 100yrs.

If you are so confident of such a convincing victory why are you complaining as it should be an easy 6 pts for you this season.

Back to the decent City fans who don't have nationalistic chip on their shoulder, I do think the best the Swans can hope for is a draw and even that's a big ask when you consider the massive gulf between the 2 clubs. I work with a City fan and he is not underestimating the Swans at all, he still thinks City will win but not as comfortable as some are making it out to be.

My head says 3-1
Heart says 2-2

Good luck for the season anyway, let's hope it's the blue side of Manchester that's -celebrating come May as I can't stand that Bacon faced toss-pot that is Ferguson!

DS

Re: city v swansea match thread.

JackOnTour said:
Thanks for your responses so far, good stuff. I notice that from this and the other matchday thread that most of you are predicting a relatively comfortable City win. Personally, I'm pretty sure that we won't just 'turn-up' - although the differences between our sides are pretty obvious. You lot would have to have quite an off day and we would have to play as well as we can and take any chance offered. One point I've picked up on is the response that we "shouldn't even be in the English Premier League. I would be really surprised if this was a common feeling.

Anyone else like to respond?? All feedback - even perceived as negative would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Nah if you play in the Championship you can play in the Premiership, simple as that.

dan_swan said:
yozzer said:
they should not be in our league ,its the english premier league.
10 nil, aguero all 10 lol

It's easy to take a swipe at the Welsh teams when you don't know the history involved.

Swansea City were founder members of the old third division in 1920 along with another Welsh Team in Newport County, I believe our friends from up the M4 were invited to join the Southern League some ten years earlier in 1910 but had to turn it down because they didn't have a suitable ground until the following season when they moved to the former Ninian Park, so the roots of Welsh teams in the English league system go back over 100yrs.

If you are so confident of such a convincing victory why are you complaining as it should be an easy 6 pts for you this season.

Back to the decent City fans who don't have nationalistic chip on their shoulder, I do think the best the Swans can hope for is a draw and even that's a big ask when you consider the massive gulf between the 2 clubs. I work with a City fan and he is not underestimating the Swans at all, he still thinks City will win but not as comfortable as some are making it out to be.

My head says 3-1
Heart says 2-2

Good luck for the season anyway, let's hope it's the blue side of Manchester that's -celebrating come May as I can't stand that Bacon faced toss-pot that is Ferguson!

DS

Well put DS - welcome to the PL. I'm looking forward to seeing how you set up on monday.

Must admit, I enjoyed watching Swansea on TV last year, and hope they do well - except against us. A sneaky 0-1 at Old Trafford would be nice, you Jacks!

Everyone thought Stoke would be straight back down - I don't see why Swansea can't do as well as them, but hopefully with a different style.

Some great pubs in Manchester - one of the best is the Marble Arch on Rochdale Road. Anyway, hope you Swansea lads enjoy everything about your visit except the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.