Reading Challenge 2022

RobMCFC

Team supported
Manchester City
@ob @Paladin @JRockBlues @stoneblue @bennyboy

It's a new year. so let's have a new thread. For one reason or another, I didn't read over Christmas but started a new book yesterday.

A few of us enjoyed contributing to the reading thread last year - sharing our good and bad reading experiences, rating out of 10, or with a one- and two-star system, or simply chipping in.
However you want to contribute, all are welcome.

We started off setting ourselves a reading target and 20 seemed to work well for a few of us, so that's what I'm aiming for again. I did have a few "doorstep" books, so maybe I'll manage more if I read more normally sized books this year!

I managed 21 last year so going for 25 this year. In last 24 hours I have finished Monkey Arkwright by Rob Campbell which I can't recommend highly enough and Killing Zone by Harry McCallion which I enjoyed. Today started The Lost Man by Jane Harper and The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

Sorry I missed this thread last year but will enjoy recommendations and contributions as I enjoy reading.

over Xmas I read

the fine art of invisible detection by Robert Goddard which I enjoyed

our man in Havana graham greene which was ok/good but was expecting more

black moss by David Nolan which was a recommendation on bluemoon but not this thread , which is good . Described as manc noir.

currently reading exciting times by naoise Dolan which is ok so far but a bit right on . It’s a bit like normal people (sally rooney) I suppose

Easing myself gently into 2022 with a Jonathan Kellerman thriller, “Serpentine”.

The main character is a psychologist, Alex Delaware who often assists LAPD detective Milo Sturgis in murder investigations.

If you like Michael Connelly and Harlan Coben you will probably enjoy these, too.

I tend to blow hot and cold with my reading but will aim to contribute to this thread if I get time off from listening to new albums to review. Could combine the two depending on the music. I treated myself to Steinbeck’s Tortilla Flat/ Cannery Row/ Sweet Thursday over Christmas which I have read before. Also received The Catcher in the Rye which I haven’t read.

Currently reading a golf psychology book which probably doesn’t count. It’s good though

@ob @Paladin

As a “thank you” for reading my books, I have set “The Mysterious Mr Gooch” to FREE for a few days from 8.00 AM tomorrow morning (just double-check that it is £0.00 before downloading because sometimes the Amazon timings can be slightly off - it all runs on Pacific Standard Time).

The book is a short story related to the trilogy and as long as you’ve read “Monkey Arkwright”, it can be read at any time without spoiling the main plot.

@ob @Paladin

As a “thank you” for reading my books, I have set “The Mysterious Mr Gooch” to FREE for a few days from 8.00 AM tomorrow morning (just double-check that it is £0.00 before downloading because sometimes the Amazon timings can be slightly off - it all runs on Pacific Standard Time).

The book is a short story related to the trilogy and as long as you’ve read “Monkey Arkwright”, it can be read at any time without spoiling the main plot.
Wow, thanks set a reminder in my phone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.