reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Scooby Blue said:
I haven't read every single post in this thread, but the general theme seems to be that BOTH City and Reading have cocked up here.

I'm not sure this is entirely fair.

Reading have made a big mistake in not anticipating that a Q-F vs either Man City or Villa would generate 5,000+ rather than 2,800 fans wanting to go.

They got it wrong...and their caution (in not asking for more tickets) is now causing some fall-out with their own fans.

City's decision to refuse Reading the sale-or-return style of deal (if reports are to be believed) was one taken to minimise the disruption + uncertainty to CITY fans...given the short amount of time available to sell tickets.

The issue of the 3rd tiers being open or not is a whole other story in itself...but the ticket office/City were acting in City's interests when they negotiated with Reading...and I don't see why they should be slagged off by our own fans for doing so.

Great shout

Scooby Blue said:
I haven't read every single post in this thread, but the general theme seems to be that BOTH City and Reading have cocked up here.

Reading have made a big mistake in not anticipating that a Q-F vs either Man City or Villa would generate 5,000+ rather than 2,800 fans wanting to go.

They got it wrong...and their caution (in not asking for more tickets) is now causing some fall-out with their own fans.

City's decision to refuse Reading the sale-or-return style of deal (if reports are to be believed) was one taken to minimise the disruption + uncertainty to CITY fans...given the short amount of time available to sell tickets.

The issue of the 3rd tiers being open or not is a whole other story in itself...but the ticket office/City were acting in City's interests when they negotiated with Reading...and I don't see why they should be slagged off by our own fans for doing so.

i agree with you regarding Readings terrible decision for initial allocation, think the club need to learn from it. Outside of the premiership we are used to this type of thing 'initial allocation of 2,800 tickets with a further tickets available on request ' obviously not those high figure tho. just really bad understanding from our club of the feeling of it's fans.

Scooby Blue said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone is having much of a pop at City regarding Reading's allocation (not even the Reading fan - he's clearly more critical of his own club regarding how many tickets they've received). People saying both Reading and City have cocked up are talking about Reading's mis-judgement with regards to under-estimating demand from their own fans and City's mis-judgement in under-estimating demand from our fans with regards to initially shutting Level 3 and piss-balling Level 3 season-ticket holders around into re-locating elsewhere.

I don't normally have as much of a problem with our ticket office as some on here but on this occasion I think they've made things more complicated than they ought to have been. The issue with Reading's tickets is a separate one and while it isn't of priority to our own fans, I'm sure we can all identify with their fans' frustration.

If Reading's tickets have sold out then there's nothing to stop their fans registering with Manchester City and obtaining tickets for the game in other parts of the ground. They won't get to be sat with other reading fans but there's no law against it and there's never any trouble in the ground - could even improve the atmosphere as we all like a bit of friendly banter especially on a family orientated cup game occasion such as this one.

Problem solved?

hisroyalblueness said:
If Reading's tickets have sold out then there's nothing to stop their fans registering with Manchester City and obtaining tickets for the game in other parts of the ground. They won't get to be sat with other reading fans but there's no law against it and there's never any trouble in the ground - could even improve the atmosphere as we all like a bit of friendly banter especially on a family orientated cup game occasion such as this one.

Problem solved?

i would imagine that many Reading fans will now look to do this, which would be the best area for the Reading fans to look at? we are a very family oriented club too so there would be no issues I'm sure.

I think best tickets for any Reading fans who wanted to sit with the city fans would be north stand lvl2 as that is usually the family stand

sweeps feet said:
I think best tickets for any Reading fans who wanted to sit with the city fans would be north stand lvl2 as that is usually the family stand
what, stick reading fans in with our kids. great idea.

i8rags said:
sweeps feet said:
they are on open sale so i can't see it as the family stand for that game

sweeps feet said:
i8rags said:

many of the Reading fans that are ticketless will be those that want to take their kids with them but couldn't get tickets in the away end due to the points system and the stupidly low amount that Reading requested.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am --<br /><br />
Leicester_royal said:
sweeps feet said:

many of the Reading fans that are ticketless will be those that want to take their kids with them but couldn't get tickets in the away end due to the points system and the stupidly low amount that Reading requested.

anyway I've invaded your forum for long enough this week, thanks for the warm welcom. I will watch eagerly to see if the upper tiers open.
Have a great day on Sunday, but not to great I hope.

Best of luck with the rest of the season

Leicester_royal said:
hisroyalblueness said:

Problem solved?

i would imagine that many Reading fans will now look to do this, which would be the best area for the Reading fans to look at? we are a very family oriented club too so there would be no issues I'm sure.
nothing like asking for trouble is there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.