reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Re: Players asking that we turn up for Reading game......

Ive posted before on this subject, some of us just cant afford to go to all the games not to mention the time off work. I am having to pick certain games much as i'd like to be there to support the lads. Hate to have to do it, but needs must. Was surprised at the 25000+ gate though at the Villa game, thought it was more, did they use mirrors or something? The Notts game WAS embarrassing though, even though the gate was not that much difference.
I'll just have to get ANOTHER job i suppose.!

Uber Blues said:
Salford_Blue said:
Not keen to stoke up any agression with anyone or get into the ticket discussion, but how many of the 35 trophy less years have you been watching City?

I've missed two seasons at Eastlands (Pearce), and since 1974 from about 82 to 86. Thats to say i didnt have season tickets in those times but went to matches when i could, but i wasnt a regular in those years. I have been a City fan since a boy 1967. Im fifty in 3 weeks.
I am not out to stir up the ticket thing, but when i'm sat with 22,000 City fans against notts county etc, does kinda make you think. Still we'll see how it all pans out first.

Fucking jonny come lately!

Uber Blues said:
Salford_Blue said:
Not keen to stoke up any agression with anyone or get into the ticket discussion, but how many of the 35 trophy less years have you been watching City?

I've missed two seasons at Eastlands (Pearce), and since 1974 from about 82 to 86. Thats to say i didnt have season tickets in those times but went to matches when i could, but i wasnt a regular in those years. I have been a City fan since a boy 1967. Im fifty in 3 weeks.
I am not out to stir up the ticket thing, but when i'm sat with 22,000 City fans against notts county etc, does kinda make you think. Still we'll see how it all pans out first.

I wasn't doubting you mate, just that it is impossible to see how long people have been watching City.

I think you are in a very small minority of being a regular, but not having a ST, but that is personal to you for whatever reason.

It is the ones who come on shouting "Woe is me", when it suddenly appears that we may be nearing a Cup Final.

In a nutshell, those who have gone to all the Cup games this year think they should have priority over those who have see sod all for most of the past 35 years.

Most of these have never even heard of Tony Grealish, Tony Cunningham or Barry Siddall, never mind seen them!!!

Like I said, your situation is almost unique...hope you get sorted.

That said, this time next week, we could be as good as out of both Cups!!!

Typical Blue!!!

glen quagmire said:
Uber Blues said:

Fucking jonny come lately!

Whys that then?

Only 56 seats left in the original yellow blocks.

NS Level 1 now has 4 yellow blocks. tickets seem to be selling well, but not flying out as some have indicated. However, tomorrow and the rest of the week might be a different story.

Salford_Blue said:
Uber Blues said:

I wasn't doubting you mate, just that it is impossible to see how long people have been watching City.

I think you are in a very small minority of being a regular, but not having a ST, but that is personal to you for whatever reason.

It is the ones who come on shouting "Woe is me", when it suddenly appears that we may be nearing a Cup Final.

In a nutshell, those who have gone to all the Cup games this year think they should have priority over those who have see sod all for most of the past 35 years.

Most of these have never even heard of Tony Grealish, Tony Cunningham or Barry Siddall, never mind seen them!!!

Typical Blue!!!

No i am saying i WAS'NT a regular during those years!.. I'm not looking to start a bun fight about this, just making the comment about not many fans at the notts/villa game. In the old days you got a voucher sheet at the start of the season in the programme, a lot of the programme vouchers you needed for cup final tickets were in the more obscure fixtures as i recall. I remember i only just got a ticket for the 76 final vs newcastle, seat stand, a fiver as i recal...green ticket still got the stub somewhere. Thing is with the current system you could go between now and doomsday and not get a cup final ticket. Thats just stating the facts.

I agree...there was a lot to be said for the old voucher system. Those who can demonstrate they've attended most games in that particular season get tickets ..simple.

I speak as someone who has a Season ticket, but has, by my own admission, missed most of the cup games. I don't believe as a S/T holder I have a god given right to a Wembley ticket..It should go firstly to those who have put there hand in their pockets week in week out during THIS season

As someone abroad I'm just an outsider looking in (but always go to these threads because I love to see COMS full), but following this situation, it has been downright laughable. First, the club doesn't open the top tiers in the stadium forcing people to relocate, and when they realize that demand is high (and why shouldn't it be? How often are the club playing for a passage to Wembley?) it seems like they will after all open up these tiers, which will be done days after it has asked all of those third tier season ticket holders to re-locate? Now those who have moved down will want to move back up and the first and second level will be littered with those empty seats because it will probably go down to the wire in regards to people getting their seats back and then filling the recently-vacated empty seats.

It just seems like the ideas for tickets and distribution is always just a giant clusterfuck. I know there is a lot of anti-American chat on here, but City (and maybe other English clubs, I'm not up to speed on their ticket sales) can learn a few tricks from how to set up online ticketing etc from American sport clubs. It seems to be infinitely more organized.

a fair few have gone today, another good day tomorow should see the top levels up for grabs<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am --<br /><br />
Andouble said:
As someone abroad I'm just an outsider looking in (but always go to these threads because I love to see COMS full), but following this situation, it has been downright laughable. First, the club doesn't open the top tiers in the stadium forcing people to relocate, and when they realize that demand is high (and why shouldn't it be? How often are the club playing for a passage to Wembley?) it seems like they will after all open up these tiers, which will be done days after it has asked all of those third tier season ticket holders to re-locate? Now those who have moved down will want to move back up and the first and second level will be littered with those empty seats because it will probably go down to the wire in regards to people getting their seats back and then filling the recently-vacated empty seats.

It just seems like the ideas for tickets and distribution is always just a giant clusterfuck. I know there is a lot of anti-American chat on here, but City (and maybe other English clubs, I'm not up to speed on their ticket sales) can learn a few tricks from how to set up online ticketing etc from American sport clubs. It seems to be infinitely more organized.

i have no idea how much it would cost the club to staff both top tiers it would be no doubt be in the thousands, a season card holder has no automatic right to his seat in the cup, i think the club has done right in doing this but have not looked into demand for tickets, reading could have shifted another 2000

Salford_Blue said:
Uber Blues said:

Typical Blue!!!

Been watching them all them 35 years, S-Tkt for 27 of them. I'm not getting too excited just yet ( But I have checked out train times and mini bus prices) just in case they prove me wrong...............just once, please just once

The players you mention are some of the better ones!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.