Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I started on a comment in the immediate aftermath of last night's game but didn't complete or post it because I wanted to think about whether I'd fallen guilty to hyperbole or whatever.. but..

..having now processed what I witnessed when watching us on TV last night, I am sure that it was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a City squad, whatever the generation I've seen since The Old Man first took me to Maine Road in 1959.

There were individual mistakes and poor play at times throughout the team, for sure. But the way the lads, both on and off the pitch, responded to any setback or error only added to my enjoyment of how my City, my club played against the team that has been the benchmark for footballing excellence ever since I first started going to games in the late 50s.

As a kid I used to dream that my club would one day be up there with Real Madrid. After the spankings we've administered to them in recent years, including last night, I can only say 'Thankyou' to The Sheikh/Pep/The Squad for bringing about this reality.

And yes, I do include last night as a 'spanking'. Given the run up to the game for us (injuries; illness; the huge number of games played in all competitions and internationals by our squad) and the contrasting preparations for Real (no games for at least a week before; being allowed to close the roof; all the positive media on Real's side), it was a quite remarkable performance by City to outplay Real at their own gaff in terms of possession and efforts on goal, never mind overturning a 2-1 deficit with such stunning goals from Foden and Gvardiol.

Let's hope we can progress next week and keep this incredible unbeaten run going in all competitions. But whatever happens, us Blues can be proud of our team after they gave us such a brilliant, memorable night!

From Real Madrid Fans (realtotal), used a translator:

"Manchester City may be unbeaten at home, but that's all the more reason for our motivation to beat them there. Their home strength is not due to the cauldron or the crowd, as is the case with us at the Bernabeu, for example."

"Ten days ago, Arsenal also managed to wring a draw out of them at the Etihad Stadium. If Arsenal - who only managed a 2-2 draw against these out-of-form Bayern - can do it, then so can we!"

"It will be difficult but not almost impossible as several have suggested. Who has inflicted several defeats on Liverpool and a historic one at Anfield. The team mustn't get their knickers in a twist, City are very strong at home, that's in their heads mentally. You have to stop that security. Because it's not the Fams who are pushing them"

Throw in the absence of Ake which to me is big, and the fact that it's our third game in 6 days.

Stunning performance.

Wow, yes, completely forgot that, which is astonishing, because I rate Aké as probably our best defender, in terms of his consistency. Completely oblivious to the fact he wasn't there. You look at the other absences, and that was a mighty performance last night.

The Boys in Blue didn't give in. They fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed 'em, you showed ''em all. Especially the stupid side from Espana who tried their best to injure our players but our lads are too wily for you, you stupid clodhoppers. That Bellthingy bloke is a disgrace to football and a big baby into the bargain. How he ever gets into an England side I will never know. (Oops of course we have the stupid waistcoat as a Manager).
Especially the biased, predisposed, warped, influenced, jobbernowl, stookie, clodplate media goons. Take that you fools.
Especially but maybe not quite as Specsavers needing tonight, the officials who seemed to be not as against us tonight. Maybe because they are foreigners and not quite as influenced by certain elements over here. Thank you for being fair(er) to us tonight. Not perfect because the Bellperson should have been sent off but better than usual. Credit where credit is due.
We are still though, MANCHESTER CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. Media buffoons take note!!

Well done John Boy, make sure you cool down properly and stay fit. :-) You got my MOTM!
"jobbernowl, stookie, clodplate media goons"

Take a bow for that one, Eccles...:) Brilliant stuff.

From Real Madrid Fans (realtotal), used a translator:

"Manchester City may be unbeaten at home, but that's all the more reason for our motivation to beat them there. Their home strength is not due to the cauldron or the crowd, as is the case with us at the Bernabeu, for example."

"Ten days ago, Arsenal also managed to wring a draw out of them at the Etihad Stadium. If Arsenal - who only managed a 2-2 draw against these out-of-form Bayern - can do it, then so can we!"

"It will be difficult but not almost impossible as several have suggested. Who has inflicted several defeats on Liverpool and a historic one at Anfield. The team mustn't get their knickers in a twist, City are very strong at home, that's in their heads mentally. You have to stop that security. Because it's not the Fams who are pushing them"
What a load of shit. Just 12 months ago,their media mouthpiece said this…
IMG_0493.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.