Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Agreed.

And, worth an additional reminder that Kev didn’t play yesterday, unlike the first leg last season.

He should be back and firing (and relatively rested) for the second leg and I expect him to tear them a new arsehole.
It was a masterclass last season with Kev too. They were rocked then and now. Phil and Jos rocked them yesterday with bangers...... They know they will have it tough in the return leg.... We go 2 clear and they will crumble.

I mean, he didn't need to play for spain in some pointless friendlies did he?
Exactly! This is why Pep needs to adopt Ferguson's playbook of players developing an injury before pointless International breaks.

KDB & Grealish having a rest has worked wonders for both. Grealish could've declared himself fit for the last set of Internationals in an attempt to secure his Euro squad place. However, with a good rest over that period & a return to form, he'll play himself into waistcoat's squad anyway, whilst securing his City spot too.

Sometimes, players need saving from themselves.

From Real Madrid Fans (realtotal), used a translator:

"Manchester City may be unbeaten at home, but that's all the more reason for our motivation to beat them there. Their home strength is not due to the cauldron or the crowd, as is the case with us at the Bernabeu, for example."

"Ten days ago, Arsenal also managed to wring a draw out of them at the Etihad Stadium. If Arsenal - who only managed a 2-2 draw against these out-of-form Bayern - can do it, then so can we!"

"It will be difficult but not almost impossible as several have suggested. Who has inflicted several defeats on Liverpool and a historic one at Anfield. The team mustn't get their knickers in a twist, City are very strong at home, that's in their heads mentally. You have to stop that security. Because it's not the Fams who are pushing them"
This was originally translated from Scouse to Spanish then English.

rest rodders on saturday and hopefully we'll have the real rodders back for the return cos that one last night was an imposter

Jobbernowl, stookie, clodplate. Just genius level poetry Mrs Blue. ;-))))))

Take a bow for that one, Eccles...:) Brilliant stuff.
Thank you both. I have found this brilliant book with lots of weird and wonderful words to use instead of swear words!!
They were probably swear words or at least curses in the Middle Ages. :-) Plus it takes my mind off worrying about the team before the game. :-)

Took to the sangria yesterday Eccles, in an overly ambitious way
The discussion about different alcoholic beverages on here and on my City FB friends’ pages made me buy some Rose wine and a ‘cocktail in a tin’ when I was out shopping!!
They will probably still be in the fridge when winter returns! :-) :-) ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.