Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

What a great match. Never mind for the neutral - it was a truly great match and I'm incredibly proud of the team and the support. Getting a draw tonight when we had big players out is fantastic - especially as we overcame the adversity of 2 jammy goals - and under their roof!
We saw 4 worldies!
Both teams might have scored more; that's what makes for a great match.
I think we'll absolutely smash them at the Etihad. Let's hope it pisses down as well!
CTID!

Best result of the season that

Madrid are a top side and we were way out of our comfort zone but to show the mettle we did and battle our way back into that game took some doing - only genuinely great sides can survive a night like that.

Bernie and Jack were immense but all of em played their part. The "sloppiness" that the stupid media refer to is down to our lads being brave as fuck on the ball against top top players who know how to steal a ball in tight situations - obviously sometimes we'll lose possession but I bet Pep was so proud to watch them play like that.

My only slight bit of negativity would be for Ortega, at the very highest level his distribution was found wanting. Couldn't fault him for the goals tho and his handling on other occasions was excellent.

What a **** that Bellingham is. Cheating throughout the game trying to get our lads booked or sent off. Leaving something on our players after the ball was gone too. Ruben did well to restrain himself after one such instance. I was disappointed that Akanji and big Erl were chatting happily to him at the end. Decent enough player, good athlete and tidy in possession but I'm glad we didn't spend £120m on him. Let's show him what he missed out on next week.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but shoutout to the referee. What a performance.
Good job the ref from the other games wasn't assigned to us. Absolutely bottled it against Arsenal. Dopey twat Gabriel picks up the ball in open play and he just ignores it. Hope Arsenal get mauled in Munich.

Fair enough, I've no issue with that, if we all agreed there'd be no point having this place.

For most of my life I could only dream of even playing there, let alone drawing 3-3 in the CL 1/4 final, but we've moved on from "most of my life", and I just thought we were sloppy at times tonight, and a couple of players had poor games.

As I've said, still a good result, and will look forward to next week, and hope for a better result.
From up in the gods I thought we absolutely dominated them second half. They were playing us on the break, in the Bernabau, with the roof closed. They put the roof heaters on to keep the plastics warm by the way, then turned them off as soon as the plastics left, even though we were in there another 30 or 40 minutes

Last edited:
One thing I do like with our change of play this season is that we have started shooting from outside the box more often.
In the whole season before tonight we'd managed 3, we did 3 tonight in one game (according to tnt anyway).

We could do with getting more on target for me, but certainly can't complain tonight.

They are both ex madrid, so you know what they wanted, and that's exactly why tnt have them on.
I muted when mcmanaman starting criticising us for slowing the game down - as a pundit you should be doing research to understand how the teams play -
City have been slowing the attack for 18months - absolute garbage and lazy punditry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.