Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I really thought they would go all out tonight to try finish the tie, they will not be looking forward to Manchester next week that’s for sure.
A full strength Real gave it all they had. We've still got levels to go.

We've got to rest & protect Rodri. He was mentally & physically shattered tonight. His performances over the last three games have visibly declined to worrying levels.

Last edited:
We weren't tonight, had madrid been able to shoot, we could easily have been 4 or 5-1 down before Phil equalised, some of their efforts were pretty lame.

We had little control in the game despite the possession we had, constantly giving the ball away, only for them to give it back. I've seen comments about how great a game it was, can't say I agreed, both teams gave the ball away a lot.

I thought for long periods we played like we were 2 or 3 players short of 11. I might have to watch it again, to see if I just got taken in by the game, but I didn't think we were anywhere near "awesome" tonight.

Great result in the end.
Not playing well and getting results is how Madrid won all of their CL titles, that's what we did tonight and I like it.

When you're used to City dominating it is easy to forget other teams can play well. Foden and Haaland etc struggled to get into the game because Madrid defended pretty well throughout the game. We played a bit ropey in the first half then were a little conservative even in the second with only really Grealish attacking the box so Haaland had no service and no space. I also felt he was a little unlucky at times when tussling with Rudiger and the first half in particular Madrid were really fortunate with deflections and little nicks falling to them.

Second half I think we actually slowed down a little which meant we turned over the ball less which made Madrid less dangerous but still the fear of the counter kept us from attacking their box too much. We seemed pretty content with just scoring the three and this shows the maturity and confidence of this team. It's a two legged tie and if we'd gone chasing more we could have easily lost 4-3 or something which we have done in the past.

Disappointed at times with how cheaply we turned the ball over in the first half but confidence greatly increases with how much better we were in the second

I disagree with you. You're talking "if this, if that". "we could have been down".....fact is we possessed the ball way more than a world class team with our talisman missing at their ground in front of their immense support. We have just played 2 intense games and travelled to London compared to their 9 days off.

I can't put into words how proud I am of our boys tonight. We were the better team. How any City fan can knock that performance over there I scratch my head. I respect your opinion though but I completely disagree.
Fair enough, I've no issue with that, if we all agreed there'd be no point having this place.

For most of my life I could only dream of even playing there, let alone drawing 3-3 in the CL 1/4 final, but we've moved on from "most of my life", and I just thought we were sloppy at times tonight, and a couple of players had poor games.

As I've said, still a good result, and will look forward to next week, and hope for a better result.

Can I just point out how good the referee was the whole game.
Will he ref the second leg does anyone know? He let the game flow and took no crap the players.

Great result for us today especially after a shakey first half. Happy with that.
I don’t think it’s same ref for both legs unfortunately

François Letexier
France

Madrid - given over a week off. Us - several players out injured and a game every few days. We looked the fitter and fresher team - totally unlucky with the two deflections. Proud of the lads in such a hostile atmosphere!!!
3 -3 at Madrid I'd have ripped your arm off for that result before the match with the injures we have got.

Which Real Madrid players are suspended for the 2nd leg? Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.