Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Is Pep’s and Gaby/Kev’s post match interview clips available to watch anywhere, for those without the pleasure of BT?

"Manchester City have never won the champions league"

I know, mate. We'd also never won the only league that matters. And here I still was. Or the FA Cup. And I still went to the games. Or the league Cup. Still went.

You'll never know what it feels like to support a shit team that wins games like this because you're a fan. Not a supporter. You're a fan of a team that you choose on a gamble for glory. I've been to the games. All the games. And we never used to win fuck all.

A bang average goalkeeper who got slung out the door sharpish the moment we got a manager who wasn't afraid to upset him.

Fuck him.
I actually thought at the time that Given was a better keeper although small but was replaced because Hart was English and wasn’t prepared to wait and was rocking the boat.

Don’t think either would be able to play Pep’s game but Given hadn’t done anything wrong at that time.

Well when the draw was made my Dad said he fancied us to fuck them.

We’re half way there and I hope he’s watching from somewhere. 100% win rate since he passed. Just gutted he was around for 75 years and missed out on seeing us beat Madrid by 2 1/2 weeks.

Tonight’s a bit bitter sweet. Still waiting for his voice note text screaming “get it”.

Your old man was right mate :-)

Amazing what happens when the game is officiated correctly
Said this to my dad, I thought the ref did well, I think uefa have to be very careful trying to screw us over on VAR, on another day the Jesus goal would’ve been disallowed but they are under the spotlight here and I don’t think they can been seen to be too biased. Of course the next round if we get through will be fixed, we will get another big team.

I’ve already praised the ref but I want to go further and suggest he was not to blame for the Spurs game last season. He did his best to look at it but they didn’t give him the smoking gun camera angle. Tonight showed he is a fair, honest ref. It was whoever is in change of the replays that shafted us that day.
There was nothing wrong with any decision in the Spurs game by the letter of the law.

For Llorente’s goal to have been disallowed it would either have to have gone in straight off his arm (it didn’t, it hit his arm and then his hip and went in) or he would have to have controlled the ball after it hit his arm and then scored (he didn’t, it just went in off his hip).

That’s why the Laporte handball and Jesus disallowed goal is so wrong. Because Laporte didn’t handball it straight into the net, nor did he control the ball and shoot or set up a chance. It hit his arm and went straight to Jesus for a shot, it should have been a goal.

"Manchester City have never won the champions league"

I know, mate. We'd also never won the only league that matters. And here I still was. Or the FA Cup. And I still went to the games. Or the league Cup. Still went.

You'll never know what it feels like to support a shit team that wins games like this because you're a fan. Not a supporter. You're a fan of a team that you choose on a gamble for glory. I've been to the games. All the games. And we never used to win fuck all.
Except relegation and promotion and rinse repeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.