Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Bit harsh. He played his part. Not top drawer but I have no complaints about his time with us.
He was top drawer from 2010-2012. Was a fantastic servant, but always came across as a bit thick. Shame if he talks shite on the telly, but doesn't deserve his legacy tarnished. Huge part of 2 league titles and a FA Cup and sure he still loves the club

We win and this is what he gets asked

Pep Guardiola on FFP: "It's not easy for our club to live that. I’m so confident that everything is going to end well. Hopefully the board, lawyers can convince Uefa we did good things, nice things, not the wrong things." [@jamesrobsonES]

Well when the draw was made my Dad said he fancied us to fuck them.

We’re half way there and I hope he’s watching from somewhere. 100% win rate since he passed. Just gutted he was around for 75 years and missed out on seeing us beat Madrid by 2 1/2 weeks.

Tonight’s a bit bitter sweet. Still waiting for his voice note text screaming “get it”.

My Dad was the same. It hurts
Well when the draw was made my Dad said he fancied us to fuck them.

We’re half way there and I hope he’s watching from somewhere. 100% win rate since he passed. Just gutted he was around for 75 years and missed out on seeing us beat Madrid by 2 1/2 weeks.

Tonight’s a bit bitter sweet. Still waiting for his voice note text screaming “get it”.

Im with you and know exactly how you feel, my Dad was a similar age just a few years earlier.

They were made from the same mould.

CTID.

Wembley here we come.

"Manchester City have never won the champions league"

I know, mate. We'd also never won the only league that matters. And here I still was. Or the FA Cup. And I still went to the games. Or the league Cup. Still went.

You'll never know what it feels like to support a shit team that wins games like this because you're a fan. Not a supporter. You're a fan of a team that you choose on a gamble for glory. I've been to the games. All the games. And we never used to win fuck all.
I’ve been glory hunting since ‘63 so I hear you brother

I actually thought at the time that Given was a better keeper although small but was replaced because Hart was English and wasn’t prepared to wait and was rocking the boat.

Don’t think either would be able to play Pep’s game but Given hadn’t done anything wrong at that time.

Given was a better keeper, I agree. It's been said before but he was maybe 3 or 4 inches too short to be really top class.

Hart was a decent enough shot stopper (to his right anyway), but was a cocky so and so. I've never forgotten him thumping the ball a mile up the pitch in a pre season game and looking smugly at the bench "I'm the keeper, I'll play how I want" etc.

It's not a surprise he hasn't achieved anything since pep kicked him out and indeed struggled to even find a club. Third choice at Burnley is about his level.

Anyway, back to the post match thread..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.