Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

don't like to dig players out and its a team sport and everybody has a part to play and many on here jump at the first chance, yes mendy is not the same player defo lost some speed and mobility after his injury, will have to see in the summer and city need another left back anyway so maybe lets give him the chance to fight for his place, Gundogan is the work horse of the team does things that get your goat up and his passing is sloppy, am not his number one biggest fan but plays to a plan and does his job

last night the team played to a plan and stuck to it 100% yes again sloppy at the back and give them there goal, but we found a away and it was nice to see the officials being 100% fair and nobody can question the referee from last night, well maybe the real madrid fans can hahahaha

If you recorded the game, watch it again! He was playing too many loose square balls, which are exactly the kind of balls that kill us when we are trying to attack and they’re intercepted. He played one right in front of Pep and get an earful from both him and KDB! There was also another one where KDB leathered him for it.

Overall, I like him. But, he plays such a crucial role in Pep’s scheme that he HAS TO be more clinical with the ball, because he is rarely the player who has to work his arse off to win it back when he does give it away.
You are very inconsistent in your judgment of last night individual performance. Mendy wasn’t perfect by any means and like every player lost the ball more than I would like. He was though an effective outlet on the left, more so than Kyle, who I also thought played well.

Feel like we've barely seen Zinchenko this year. I suspect Cancelo will start but if youre Zidane that's a target area
I am unsure what Real Madrid have left. I thought they were good at pressing the ball. The way they got their goal was by pressing us in midfield, and that reminded me of Liverpool but they were very unconvincing in possession. They didn't have a way of hurting us when they had the ball.

I have watched some summaries from different studios who said that City were good but had we gone with Sterling and Aguero and played a more offensive game from the start we'd have won even more comfortably. For me, I thought Pep got the balance right between attack and defence.

I don't know this Real Madrid side very well but I am wary that they have a lot more to give.

don't like to dig players out and its a team sport and everybody has a part to play and many on here jump at the first chance, yes mendy is not the same player defo lost some speed and mobility after his injury, will have to see in the summer and city need another left back anyway so maybe lets give him the chance to fight for his place, Gundogan is the work horse of the team does things that get your goat up and his passing is sloppy, am not his number one biggest fan but plays to a plan and does his job

last night the team played to a plan and stuck to it 100% yes again sloppy at the back and give them there goal, but we found a away and it was nice to see the officials being 100% fair and nobody can question the referee from last night, well maybe the real madrid fans can hahahaha
He got all the calls spot on. Perhaps Mendy was unlucky to get yellow carded but he got the calls right and didn't rely on VAR.

I think VAR if it was harsh could have ruled out City's equaliser if they had wanted. There was the slightest of pushes by Jesus. I think it was right to allow it to stand. KDB's turn and cross was briliant.

You are very inconsistent in your judgment of last night individual performance. Mendy wasn’t perfect by any means and like every player lost the ball more than I would like. He was though an effective outlet on the left, more so than Kyle, who I also thought played well.
I like to watch the game and also keep an eye on player interactions. They speak volumes.

I’m not sure what you mean by inconsistent. If you are comparing Mendy to Rodri, then I can’t help you. They play in distinctly different positions, do completely different jobs, and losing the ball in certain positions is more dangerous than others.

I’ve no problem with you seeing things differently than me.

FWIW, I think Walker has played very very well for about a month now, and last night was no exception.

I like to watch the game and also keep an eye on player interactions. They speak volumes.

I’m not sure what you mean by inconsistent. If you are comparing Mendy to Rodri, then I can’t help you. They play in distinctly different positions, do completely different jobs, and losing the ball in certain positions is more dangerous than others.

I’ve no problem with you seeing things differently than me.

FWIW, I think Walker has played very very well for about a month now, and last night was no exception.
I am comparing your analysis of one player with another, which was pretty obvious from the phrase ‘you are inconsistent’.

So what did Pep do he played two in front of the back four right? And made use of Benardo s running. He was paying them Real due respect. But what for the return leg? Maybe attacking them with both Sergio and Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.