Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Terrible night trying to get to sleep. Kept thinking about the game, feel just the same this morning as I did last night fucking gutted and furious

Yes, it's worse. With relegation you deserve to go down - crap results over the season. You finish in the Prem exactly where you deserve to finish. And with relegation you're always optimistic about coming back up - albeit for us we went down to the third tier. I was at Halifax/York etc. Believe me, last night was worse than all our previous nightmares combined.
It's the hope that kills you.

I cannot see any single issue in the game that will ultimately drive me to the armchair I'm sitting in now than amount of two 45 minute halves that are swindled to ridiculous proportions. Refs do fuck all to remove timewasting from the game, in fact, their lack of a response just encourages teams. Has anyone been cautioned for timewasting in the first half, for doing exactly what they might be cautioned for on, say. 87 minutes. I've often thought of taking a stop watch to a game to see how much playing time is delivered. The reasons for the added time continue to remain a mystery to anyone sitting or standing on the terraces. We might be told that it accommodates goals, VAR checks, and subs - but a kid in primary school could do the maths and see that it never fits.

I read an article recently - I think it was Sam Lee - who gave stats about how much the ball is actually in play for each club's matches in the league this season. It was a painful read.

We drastically need energy and pace in the middle of the park. Rodri is totally fine and a wonderful player but does lack pace. Dinho probably gone but frightening how Gundo has lost any pace and energy he did have. He had only been on 10mins last night and was giving up the ghost chasing back players who had gone past him.

I'm telling you the truth. I was there in our 60s glory days - 70s we had a brilliant team but not much trophy glory, and then the 80s/90s dark days. I never thought we'd have a team like we do now. We were brilliant first leg (just a few seconds of madness) and pretty good last night for 88 minutes. I feel that last night was a combination of us being unlucky, and a biased ref - e.g the Casemiro shirt pull on Phil amongst other factors. Casemiro should have been off. The ref let things go early on, but when players were tiring he got the yellows out. Cheated - and there is a history of it - Llorente for example.

Ok, I sort of see where you're coming from. Two different ways of feeling bad.
For myself, in the years when we were relegated, that lot from over in Salford were steamrollering everybody in the league, and pissing themselves laughing at us. They couldn't even be bothered to hate us. That's the worst of it.
I was never, ever, as down as when we relegated. And funnily enough, my reasoning is analogous to yours. You're saying that we didn't get the result we deserved last night, and that's what's unbearable. For what it's worth, I agree, although as Clint Eastwood says in that wonderful film Unforgiven, “Deserve has nothing to do it”.
By the same token, and on a different scale, for me, we were too big a club, with too fanatic a fanbase, to be in the second, still less the third divisions. In the nineties I remember going into a shop in London to get a City scarf, and the guy behind the counter (very unprofessionally, he must have been new at the job) sniggered, and said, “Nobody much wants those, mate”. I got annoyed and said, “Well I do!”
Last night was a very bad blip, but a blip nonetheless, in the big scheme of things.
Wait until we win the league, and sign Haaland. You'll feel better. Trust me.

Yes the striker problem has hurt us, but I feel the left/back and cover is what we miss the most this season.
But it's not the right time to point fingers and play the blame game ? Losing does happen
I'm not blaming Grealish and maybe in future seasons he will shine, but that money should of been spend on a proven forward first. We only ever needed to break the bank for a top forward, You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that, yet we still went into the season without a centre forward and its biting us on the arse big time. I call it complacency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.