Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I agree 100%.

It's our succession policy that worries me most.

Never mind Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, Yaya not being adequately replaced when they left... the problem is, how on earth does anyone follow Pep Guardiola?

When did Fernandinho leave?

Stop doing drugs.

Okay I’ll play. I have stated on other threads that whilst I think Pep is a fantastic coach, I have never really bought into him personally like Roberto. That press conference changed my thinking. I was blown away, as were our rival fans. He was humble, and he wore his heart on his sleeve. He stated the CL was not a condition placed on him by the club, just to compete well in all trophies. He’s far from desperate to win it. To your point about him not carrying on. His press conference showed the passion of the man. He was basically saying he loves this club and wants to carry on. Pep is going nowhere. I agree that we need more than Haaland but so does Pep. As I said I was not bought into Pep and his passion, but yesterday he was amazing. No throwing his players under the bus, but great comments like they needed to think about it. After that press conference I was like where’s my boots, you would run through brick walls for him after his comments. His heart was laid bear on his sleeve. Any player that does not turn up tomorrow after Pep’s comments I don’t want at our club next season.
Great post.

I understand what Pep is saying. If we keep knocking on the door of the Final, Semi Finals etc of the Champions League eventually that door will break open and when we win it, not if we win it as we will win it in my opinion with Pep in charge it will be the greatest validation for us the fans, Pep & the club itself. Yeah the Madrid loss hurts like hell, it's supposed to but it's about how we respond from that set back. We'll be back contending next season for it, the one after that and so on. We'll learn from it, the players will learn from it and in time we'll be better cause of it. We should've won the competition by now but we haven't, it isn't to be yet but it will come.

If we keep getting into positions to contend for it eventually it will come. A few shrewd signings this summer, a actual break for our better players will do them the world of good before the season starts, the World Cup will be a nuisance but we're set up for success, we just need the luck in Europe. As I said if we keep getting into those positions the luck will turn.

The players should be ready to run through walls the last 4 games after the Madrid disaster and what Pep said in his press conference.

Just watched the highlights for the first time. Not sure but it looked like Madrid were playing with 4 strikers for those last few minutes of normal time. Anyway there were 5 or 6 City shirts and 1 less Madrid shirts in the box for that cross that lead to the equaliser. Sure it was manic and a difficult situation to be in but if every City player had picked up a Madrid shirt there wouldn't have been a free header. This is the difference between good and great teams. Its surprising because City are normally excellent at defending crosses but it needs to be 100% of the time. Lesson learned hopefully.

I'll be honest, today's result has galvanised me and I've only just been able to look back on the YT clips of our fans and anti-Real Madrid fans in ecstasy and subsequent meltdown and had a laugh.

I actually had a laugh at the absurdity of it all of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat for Real.

It's footy, innit and football is a crazy game, at times!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.