Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Any rumours or rumblings that we might be in for a Fernandinho replacement, fullbacks?

With 37yo Fern and a immobile Gundogan our midfield was wide open for them. That along with no replacement for Walker.

Would be nice if the club fixed the squads weaknesses in one summer for once.

We will be signing a midfielder and a left back.

I just wonder why are the players so weak minded. We very very rarely ever come back to win a game from a losing position. When Madrid went 2:1 up on the night, you just knew we wouldn’t do anything. It’s so predictable.
Pure bollocks, for starters we're very rarely in a losing position. You do realise it was Real Madrid we played last night and not Bournemouth?

Last night showed just how weak and unbalanced our squad is,and how vulnerable we become when a couple are missing.

We have never replaced Aguero,took far too long to find Dinho's,and we lack quality outside of the first choice fullbacks.An abundance of attacking midfielders,in favour of the latter,was always going to bite us on the arse.

Its mind blowing,and so fucking frustrating,we have arguably been Europe's best team over the past few seasons yet we have no trophy to prove it.......our ability to implode needs urgent attention - and no one from the board room to the cleaner should be immune.

My main concern is that as disappointed as i am,i am not at all surprised.
Yep we are very lopsided and it’s imperative that’s addressed in the summer. Worrying lack of leadership on the pitch too.

It’s all great in hindsight. Had he not made substitutions and the same scenario happend you would blame him for not bringing on fresh legs.

It didn’t disrupted us. We controlled it with hardly a shot on target from Real up until they scored.

A lot of people on here try and find someone to blame. Sometimes no one is to blame. It can happen. And it happened yesterday. The feeling is as it was when Spurs knocked us out

We try again next year. With Pep.
The substitions created the goal.

Having slept on it.
Us
Didn't score golden chances in both games.
We didn't see the game out as we should and killed it like they did by feigning injury and foul after foul.
Defended poorly in critical situations.

Them
Thought they were poor, Benzema was invisible, sat back mostly and waited for mistakes.
Last 5 they throw bodies into the box and launch balls in there in typical shit or bust tactics - they lucked out and it worked twice in a minute.

Other factors
You also need the referee to be fair and unbiased - he wasn't - I can think of 6 decisions which were diabolical not in our favour. if the sides were reversed no way we get that "penalty" when the defender and attacker arrive at the ball at the same time.
In Cup competitions you need a bit of good luck - we didn't have any.

Now we cannot let this affect us going into the Newcastle game, we need to man the fuck up grow some steel balls and grizz this out for the rest of the season - i don't fucking care if its not pretty - just fucking win, win and win again and shut the scouse hype train the fuck up. Only we can now stop this Quadruple bollocks now because neither Chelsea or that Madrid side will. They can have their European Cup but we know its the league they crave. Its the validation of how good a side you are and how strong a club you are which is why they hate being behind United in the number won. We cannot and must not surrender OUR Title to that cultist shower of shit.

I remember switching off the CL final when Liverpool went 2 up vs Spurs. After last nights events I'll look up the score at full time hoping that Madrid have won it.

I'd agree we were poor defending for sure, but could have put to bed in leg 1 with better strike rate

I do hope Stones is fit for run in Laporte / Dias neither looked commanding....

Defence was the issue not the missed chances. Yes we should have killed it at 3-0. I would have said that was game over...but then I saw how we defended when they pushed players forwards. We didn't have any system of marking the spaces. We didn't have any system of marking men. We didn't have the desire to prevent the ball coming into the box and we didn't have the desire to win the header and clear it.

We could have scored another couple but Real would have pushed men up and done exactly the same. The issue with City in the CL has always been how easy it is for the opposition to score against us. Our balance was a lot better last season but we played a Dortmund side that we should be beating and a PSG side that is all playing as individuals and makes no effort to defend.

Last night showed just how weak and unbalanced our squad is,and how vulnerable we become when a couple are missing.

We have never replaced Aguero,took far too long to find Dinho's,and we lack quality outside of the first choice fullbacks.An abundance of attacking midfielders,in favour of the latter,was always going to bite us on the arse.

Its mind blowing,and so fucking frustrating,we have arguably been Europe's best team over the past few seasons yet we have no trophy to prove it.......our ability to implode needs urgent attention - and no one from the board room to the cleaner should be immune.

My main concern is that as disappointed as i am,i am not at all surprised.
I think what happened last night is indicative of how we have been playing this year.
Since the Spurs game and the losing of an eight point lead in the league since, we have always looked like the likes of last night is a possibility in any game.
And yet we are still clinging on to the top of the league.
4 more games and I hope we find the resolve from somewhere to see it through.
Then the lessons of not addressing weaknesses in the squad that are getting worse not better, have to be learned in Summer.

Sort a couple of key areas in the squad and we are still the team to beat next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.