Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Devasted, before the game I mentioned that our three weaknesses were Laporte, Cancelo and Ederson.

We lack so much potency up front, Madrid didnt play well the whole game but neither did we.

When Mahrez scored I thought we were through I really did. Then around 85 mins Cancelo crosses into the box to NO ONE!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, this guy is an actual bonehead! Then he loses Benzema and Ederson what was he doing!!!!!! How did he not claim that cross or smother Rodrygo!!!!!

At that point I turned the TV off because it was unbearable I couldn't stomach losing after being 4mins away fron victory. I went out for fresh air came back and it was 3-1!!!!!
Apparently Laporte was at fault for two goals??? I haven't seen it back.

Something spiritual had to be at play here, this was too unbelievable.
Phew! I thought I was the only one who'd turned the telly off when they equalised & did one! Lol :-)

Not a valid argument
RM conceded 5 and went through.
Is it? When it was 6-5 we created a total of 0 chances and they defended to see out extra time. While we couldn't see out 2 minutes of the full 90. It's not always about the volume of goals conceded being less. But the moments to avoid it as well.

Why didn't Palmer come on in extra time, a lad who can create and has an eye for goal, something Sterling hasn't. Pep has to start showing some trust in our young players
Absolutely we have some of the most talented young players in Europe never mind England,the reason pep won’t play them is,he was brought in to win things and he maybe views playing some of the youngsters as lessening that chance of trophies..

Done nothing today in work other than thinking how on earth we managed to throw that lead away, I felt completely deflated last night after the game, Feel better now after having time to reflect on what happened and came to the conclusion that it's only a game of football and not the end of the world...

We'll bounce back from this, Pity the game is on Sunday be nice if it was Saturday let the players let off some steam as quick as possible. I'd say they are looking to get back on track ASAP rather than dwelling on what happened last night.

CTID

Thought Rodri was candidate for motm last night. Immense in front of the two. Would like to see him drive forward a bit more in future.
I don’t mean get rid of Rodri or we drop him but we do need someone like Kante who will hound fuck out of them in midfield. Win midfield and you win the match

One small thing I couldn’t understand from our corners on the left was why de Bruyne even bothered going out there as if he might take it. Foden had the ball in such a position that no right-footed player could possibly get near it, so it seemed a complete waste both of a player and energy.
Ha, I noticed that too, even after a few too many beers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.