Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Steve Lomax, he took the ball into the corner whilst drawing with Liverpool at home. The thing is we needed a win to stay up. It would have been funny if it was anybody else but us. As it was, it was fucking depressing. We went down. It was in the late 90s

The defeat to Madrid reminds me of the defeat to utd, the 4-3.
We knew we were better than them, they knew, their fans knew, and the media knew, but they won.
It was just an anomaly. Next time we will destroy them like we did with the rags. Its coming.
We have wiped the floor with every domestic team, now it's time to go international.

Steve Lomax, he took the ball into the corner whilst drawing with Liverpool at home. The thing is we needed a win to stay up. It would have been funny if it was anybody else but us. As it was, it was fucking depressing. We went down. It was in the late 90s
*Lomas

I think that many fans have started to get a bit too comfortable about the future under Pep.

He's the best abd doesn't make many mistakes, but he's not infallible.

It's grown clear over the past two or three seasons that we've struggled to replace ageing players, and become increasingly reluctant to play academy players. The fact that Pep seems to be largely unconcerned and says, publicly, that he's happy with the squad, is a bit disconcerting. I can only imagine that he is 'under orders' to demonstrate that the club is making use of the academy, but only does so by leaving them on the bench.

In my view, he's growing increasingly desperate to win the CL, which is his obvious priority. He failed to do so at Bayern, and I suspect that his continuing failure to deliver the CL with City is affecting him more than anyone can imagine.

It's an obsession that concerns me. In my view, he overplays players who he considers to be essential to his cause, and looks no further than the next match.

Given the almost paper thin squad, and largely unconvincing use of the academy, I honestly think he and Txiki may have lost sight of the long term at City this season

My concern is that Pep will soon reach a point where he can't or won't want to go on, and the club will be nowhere near ready for the future.

As I've said before; anyone who thinks that Haaland is the only piece of the jigsaw missing is kidding themselves. We are five or six players short of a decent squad for next season. The academy lads aren't good enough yet, and we're burning players out by match week 30 of the season.

There's a big cliff on the horizon. If we're not careful, we could fall off it when Pep leaves.
Okay I’ll play. I have stated on other threads that whilst I think Pep is a fantastic coach, I have never really bought into him personally like Roberto. That press conference changed my thinking. I was blown away, as were our rival fans. He was humble, and he wore his heart on his sleeve. He stated the CL was not a condition placed on him by the club, just to compete well in all trophies. He’s far from desperate to win it. To your point about him not carrying on. His press conference showed the passion of the man. He was basically saying he loves this club and wants to carry on. Pep is going nowhere. I agree that we need more than Haaland but so does Pep. As I said I was not bought into Pep and his passion, but yesterday he was amazing. No throwing his players under the bus, but great comments like they needed to think about it. After that press conference I was like where’s my boots, you would run through brick walls for him after his comments. His heart was laid bear on his sleeve. Any player that does not turn up tomorrow after Pep’s comments I don’t want at our club next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.