Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Out of curiosity, do we not know how to win? Such a bollocks statement that. We don’t need time, we need nerve and bottle
We know how to win local competition. The CL seems still difficult for us so when I say we need time it means the mentality is still not there to win the CL.

Real and Liverpool won it multiple times before so they know how to win this competition we are still learning.

And yes time includes nerves and mentality to kill a game once you are 1-0 up in the 90th minute and not throw away 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Real Killed the game, why couldn't we do the same?

I dont know if it is how we play him or his nerves but KDB is never at his best in these big games, did nowt in the final last year before his injury and did nowt tonight. That is what puts him on a lower level than others whose names it would pain to type.

what an odd thing to say

If we’d ponied up 30m and the wages we were prepared to pay Messi, and instead actually got the Ronaldo transfer over the line in summer, the league would be already won and we would be in the CL final tonight, and would almost certainly have won it.

Fuming. Knocked out of the League Cup against West Ham. Gives up a FA Cup semi against our rival before it even started by playing the reserves. 8 pts lead in the league down to 1 because we cant beat Spurs, Palace or Southampton. And now we concede 6 goals over two games against the worst Real Madrid side I've seen in my lifetime, including bottling a 2 goal lead in the 89th minute. Yeah, I know Im suppose to be happy because we've seen worse, but cant pretend I am with us basically handing Liverpool a quadruple by bottling every f*cking trophy. Sure, we can still win the league but its hard to be optimistic regarding if our players have the heads for it after tonights disaster.

Fell apart, didn't we.

I think we got undone by the obvious concerns we had going into the match - we don't have a truly clinical goalscorer, and our defence is ravaged by injuries. A proper striker up front, and/or a fully fit Walker (and Stones) for the whole match, and I think it'd be a different story.

Credit to Real for sticking at it, they didn't create much throughout the match but the danger with them is that they score quick goals, as seen in the earlier rounds. We should have killed the game off earlier, by scoring more of our chances in the first leg or the first half of this leg, and not let them get to 90 mins feeling like they were still in it.

Ref was total shite of course. 2 clear yellow-card offences in the first half hour or so for Casemiro, and he didn't even get one.

But we shake it off, we move on, we throw all our focus and determination into the Premier League. And next year, we go again.

That Brazilian shithouse acted and Rode his luck through the two situations as you would expect at this level. At the top level of international football for both club and country game management is as important as the football you play.

May not be right but it’s reality.

But that's different argument to what you posted as us losing "fair and square".

That's my issue.

Game management, as a consequence to the ref being a proper ref, changes.

Yes the ref was as bent as fuck but that doesn't deflect from the fact that we had two minutes of utter juvenile pandemonium at the end of the 90. We should've seen it out with ease, but collapsed like a deck of cards.
We didn't deserve that, but a lack of professionalism has killed us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.