Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Huge night incoming next Wednesday. Not going to be much different than last night. We'll dominate possession again and they'll look to hit us on the break. Need more threat from the wide men next week. Move it quicker and we'll open the space up. Passing for the sake of passing when Madrid don't really press neither tires them or opens the channels for City.

Think the big difference that will be apparent next week is the speed of our ball movement.

Was far too slow last night.

From the BBC....

What are the odds for success?​

FT: Real Madrid 1-1 Man City
Based on City's previous European two-legged knockout ties, starting with a 1-1 away draw in the first leg saw them progress to the next round on both occasions.
Based on all Real Madrid's previous European two-legged knockout ties, starting with a 1-1 home draw in the first leg saw them being eliminated in five of the previous six occasions.
Exactly.

Are we over the line yet? Of course not, you’d be crazy to think that with the caliber of player on the opposition.

But anyone thinking Pep wouldn’t be anything but delighted to with a 1-1 draw last night is delusional.

Everything is set up exactly how we wanted it to advance to the final before the 2nd leg in front of “our people” as Pep would say.

Rudiger is nothing but a bloody thug who thrives when he is given carte blanche to execute his assaults under the noses of CL referees. His assault on Gundo was typical of his cowardly behaviour and almost a replica of what he did to Kevin.

This. Shocking that he got away with another assault on a City player without any consequence.

Brutal honesty is that I thought we didn't play well and got lucky to score. First 30 mins we should've scored but after that we kept losing the ball. Tie isn't over and I believe madrid are going to score at least once at ours next week. Pep not making subs gets me concerned about the everton game on sunday. Weather also had a massive impact on how we played imo.

However all that being said, it's a good sign if you still get something out of the game whilst not playing well, so i'm positive
What was lucky about Kevs goal?

Have to say though, what a player Vinicius Jr is. For me, he is the best representative of the modern winger - less reliance on fancy tricks/dribbles, more emphasis on space and efficiency. Very intelligent winger.
I hate to admit, but he is a phenomenal player....i dont like that he has that snidey side to him that so many players in europe have, but he is truly fantastic

somebody should show Jack the clip of both Rio and Humpfree celebrating Real Madrid scoring, the two face
twats wishing Jack all the best in the 2nd leg
Thought Humpfreak was still a snidely **** to Jack at the end there, choosing to unnecessarily bring up his "struggles" last season under the pretence of comparing that to this season. Absolute ****.

Brutal honesty is that I thought we didn't play well and got lucky to score. First 30 mins we should've scored but after that we kept losing the ball. Tie isn't over and I believe madrid are going to score at least once at ours next week. Pep not making subs gets me concerned about the everton game on sunday. Weather also had a massive impact on how we played imo.

However all that being said, it's a good sign if you still get something out of the game whilst not playing well, so i'm positive
Yea really good point. Think we saw the best Madrid have last night, that’s their game. We certainly didn’t see the best City have, even in the opening 25 minutes which was our best spell. If we bring our intensity, especially our ‘big night at the Etihad’ intensity, I do not think they will be able to cope with it.

Amazing to read responses on here this morning.

We went to the Bernabeu, controlled most of the game, showed great character to come back from behind when they scored against the run of play, all in 30+ degree heat, and people think it was a bad performance!

Absolutely unreal.

It was a great performance. Not perfect, sure, but bloody good.

Our fans were awesome too.

Huge night incoming next Wednesday. Not going to be much different than last night. We'll dominate possession again and they'll look to hit us on the break. Need more threat from the wide men next week. Move it quicker and we'll open the space up. Passing for the sake of passing when Madrid don't really press neither tires them or opens the channels for City.

Think Bernie might get benched for Mahrez, having him and Grealish out wide is more about control of the ball. No one really got close enough Haaland to bring him into the game, the heat would have played a big part in that with players not wanting to press to high up the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.