Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Less control? We got a 1-1 draw, whereas last season we got a 3-1 defeat. You can't argue we had more control a year ago when we ultimately lost the game in a 6-minute window.

You should always do what your opponents least want you to do. How do you think Real Madrid would react if they saw a teamsheet without Haaland? I'd say they'd be ecstatic and probably be lifted by it. Your argument is based on a sample size of one game. Ruediger had a good game, so that proves Haaland can't play against him? Should we also drop him for the FA Cup final because he barely got a kick at Old Trafford in January?

We were not lucky at all last night. We came away with a deserved draw, which sets us up nicely for next week.
Some may win the battle against Haaland but never the war, last night was a different kind of performance, the kind Drogba used to put in for Chelsea, Erl never gets a mention over his defensive duties, especially from set pieces. We’ll see a very different performance in the second leg

Amazing to read responses on here this morning.

We went to the Bernabeu, controlled most of the game, showed great character to come back from behind when they scored against the run of play, all in 30+ degree heat, and people think it was a bad performance!

Absolutely unreal.

It was a great performance. Not perfect, sure, but bloody good.

Our fans were awesome too.
We did very well, we were just lacking in the final third. Haaland was quiet and we were reduced to taking shots from outside the box, thankfully one of them went in! Madrid didnt have many chances either, but it shows how they can punish you in the blink of an eye.

We still have to win a football match. And I can't think of a team which wins football games with the minimum of effort than Real. The second leg should be a cracking game of football but Real know we have several players who can score and who probably will. Anyone forecast EFC's last game? I couldn't even begin with this second leg, other than I'm fuckin' desperate for a win.

Think Bernie might get benched for Mahrez, having him and Grealish out wide is more about control of the ball. No one really got close enough Haaland to bring him into the game, the heat would have played a big part in that with players not wanting to press to high up the pitch.
I think Bernardo will start. If not, would prefer Foden on that side to Mahrez.

How the actual fuck do you claim our goal to be lucky?

It’s fucking ridiculous this forum at times.

Was their goal lucky as well or like Kev, a world class finish?
Outrageous isn't it. Also claiming Real could of easily scored 1/2 goals in that 2nd half. How the fuck does anyone come to that conclusion when they had one long range shot that ederson saved on about 90 minutes and then Benzemas header from an acute angle that looked offside anyway. That was pretty much it, don't think ederson had another save to make in that second half.

Amazing to read responses on here this morning.

We went to the Bernabeu, controlled most of the game, showed great character to come back from behind when they scored against the run of play, all in 30+ degree heat, and people think it was a bad performance!

Absolutely unreal.

It was a great performance. Not perfect, sure, but bloody good.

Our fans were awesome too.
Agreed. Some people on here know fcuk all about football.

Someone else pointed this out but the BT pundits need to get the fucking sea. Ferdinand- "Real own this competition," "Real are gonna go there with swagger." I swear he rubs one out to highlight reels of Real matches in secret. Get fucked lad. Absolutely assassinated our goal with the handball claims too. Pipe down.
He probably wishes he could have played for Real

Jonathan Woodgate was a more gifted player than him and ended up at Madrid. Fair enough he had a bad debut there but its only injuries (and lifestyle,) that ruined his career and gave him a less successful career than Ferdinand. That Madrid team didn't buy him for no reason, he was far more talented than daft Rio.

Thanks, I was beginning to think the match I watched was in some sort of alternate reality or something. Superb performance against supposedly the best team in Europe/The World on their home turf, in very difficult conditions.

We deserved at least a draw and we're well set for the second leg at home. For the second year running we proved we can match them and then some. Some of the moaners and doubters on here should go watch somebody else, they don't seem to realise how good we are.
I agree , go away all the snow flakes and boo boys !!
I was the only person in a Pub in Putney , with my City Shirt on among a predominantly Spanish speaking mob ! and yes I was very noisy !!!
Put up or Shut up !!
Follow or Feck Off !!

That was a very good result last night. We are playing every three days and fighting on three fronts.
I would be interested in the demographics of those who were disappointed.
Rags and Dippers assured us we would get schooled in Madrid. Narrative now is we will be schooled at home. We are piss boiling on an industrial scale.
Love this club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.