Real Madrid (A) - Tue 9th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madrid win the CL this year as well, other teams might as well not compete starting next year. They are arrogant cunts but maybe that’s why they have won the CL so many times in the past decade.

The team really picks by itself now. Hopefully Ake going off was precautionary but I'd be surprised to see him involved on Tuesday.

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Stones
Akanji

Rodri
De Bruyne
Gundogan

Bernardo
Grealish
Haaland

If Ake is fit I’d honestly rather akanji at right back. Against Bayern he did a great job getting into the wingers backs as soon as they received the ball so they couldn’t turn and run at him with pace. Walker tends to choose to take ppl on with pace which could be a problem with how tricky Vini Jr is.

With no militao and tchoumeni in bad form I think our biggest advantage going to Madrid is our physicality, we defend our box well and dominate second balls in big games. They’re gonna have to play through us to beat us, and i can’t see us conceding many chances. I think we win this 2-1, 1-0 and cruise at the Etihad

____________________Ederson__________________

Walker_____________Dias_______________Laporte ( IF Ake is injured)

____________Rodri_____________Stones______________

Mahrez______KDB______________Bernardo___________Grealish

_________________Haaland____________________

This whole tie rests on City's ability to contain Vinicius, he's their scariest guy. I'm confident Dias can neutralize Benzema and Rodi should be able to handle Modric as well.

oh and we don’t have to worry about casemiro getting away with murder on the pitch this time

Attachments

• 7A12ACF9-C364-498B-A129-7A3855916B5E.jpeg
    7A12ACF9-C364-498B-A129-7A3855916B5E.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 76
Incredible exciting match, and I think we are far superior to Madrid (but we've been before, and we have lost). I think Ake's hamstring injury (a week ago) was a blessing in disguise, because Walker came back as a starter. Without that injury, I think our back line against Madrid would be the same as against Bayern, and as brilliant as we were, we suffered on our right side.

Vinicius is the best winger in the world, but this 1v1 against the best is when Walker shows his unique assets and why he is so important for our team. He will need some help if Camavinga plays as a LB, so Bernardo again will be extremely important.

We will dominate them, and their defense is not solid enough. Their press is really low and slow. Watching them today, I fancy the amount of space and the defensive disconnections Madrid tends to have, especially on the LB side.

Two key aspects are gonna be shooting outside the box, Madrid loses their marks and concentration from time to time, so we should have 2-3 big opportunities of shooting outside the box. The other is set pieces. Militao doesn't play, and they have barely any height in their squad. If KDB and Gundogan put some good free kicks/crosses, I think we should score at least once from set pieces.

Another HUGE aspect is the second leg being played at home. Our team has an elite mentality whenever we are behind, whenever the game has been really close, whenever we are dominating, BUT we are annoyingly weak whenever we are controlling the game and we concede a goal. The next 5 minutes of that is a appalling. It's like our players feel entitled to win because they have been so much better for a long period of time. In knock outs this only happens at 2nd leg, and with our fans support, I think we will be fine.

My prediction, we'll dominate both matches, we will creat 3 big chances for every big chance they create, and I genuinely think we will beat them on both legs. Madrid 1- City 3; City 2 - Madrid 1

Last edited:
If Madrid win the CL this year as well, other teams might as well not compete starting next year. They are arrogant cunts but maybe that’s why they have won the CL so many times in the past decade.

• We are a clinical side this season (aside from Forrest and Leeds)
  • an extremely physical side with height advantage
  • no clear weaknesses anywhere on the pitch
  • players in terrific form, even the goalkeeper is playing at his best
  • we can also concede possession and use long ball to Haaland
  • we are good in transitions
  • we haven't conceded more than a goal in our 20 game unbeaten run, meaning there is no lack of concentration after conceding a goal
  • we have already defeated a "European royalty" team in Bayern Munich comfortably.
  • Madrid concede a lot of chances.
I don't think Madrid are getting past us this year.

Looking forward to this one. Think we have all the answers to Madrid this season. We will need Walker and Akanji at the back though to deal with their pace on the counter. Akanji on the left if Ake isn't fit.

Other question is how best to starve Modric. Could see Bernie start centre rather than on the right, and Mahrez plays as he loves a champions league game. Have a feeling that right side could be key, defensively keeping them out but also going forward I believe Ferland Mendy is out, Alaba has moved to centre back because of his lack of pace, and they started a midfielder there in the cup final.

Or, we go longer and use Haaland to expose their own lack of pace at the back. I do think Alvarez drops to the bench though this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.