Real Madrid (A) - Tue 9th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming Ake is not going to be fit, which is a shame, but a fully focused Akanji should do okay.

They are not the same side they were last season and their defence is dodgy, but they have some big game players we have to worry about and, on his day, a top class keeper.

I'd take a draw right now, but we've seen when playing top teams this season that we can dominate, so i wouldn't be surprised to see us win well.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji

Rodri
Gundogan

Bernardo
KDB
Grealish

Haaland

Walker's pace against Vinicus is needed,but i fear his brainfarts when up against genuine ability.

Tough call,especially if Ake is out.
a coin toss for me, yeah vinicius is wildly quick but the performances against bayern were something elese

They look really good today in the Copa del Rey. Their front 3 is causing carnage at the moment. To stand any hope of neutralising their wingers we need grealish and Silva to double up on them with the fullbacks.

big game, we need to be calm and patient and do not choke under pressure, especially do not concede more goals in quick succession if they happen to score one. that thing seem to cost us a lot in previous CL exits.

we need to have top class off the ball game, everybody fighting, running for second balls, keep pressing etc, do not give away easily especially in defensive third. that kind of play we showed vs Arse recently.

losing this 1-0, 2-1 is still not horrible albeit makes 2nd game more of an easier for them to be able to play on the counter which imo suits Ancelotti more.
getting a draw or even a small win from Bernabeu would be great where they need to come out and chase the game at the Etihad.

having the tie decided at home for us is an advantage as it was for them last year, really hope we make this count.

bit worried some crazy ref will give us an early red or something, generally CL refs did improve last 2 years, and certainly better than the PL jokers...
careful with handballs too, they are given easier for pens than in the PL. hence why we need to make some long shots hoping a hand blocking it in someway, surely Real will try as well...

we probably go with 4 man defence on this one as the wide areas with Vinicius, Rodrygo are dangerous for a 3 man back line.

Bernardo, Grealish, Rodri will need to give lots of help for our defenders off the ball but they all rested today.

only question imo if Mahrez or Foden gets in from the right winger role and if Ake can get fit enough to start and if Walker or Akanji at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.