Real Madrid (A) - Tues 9th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish started every game of the run-in to the Treble last season and mostly played 90 minutes. Recently, he got extra training in to recover when the lads were on international break. He does best when he plays a lot. The team is a different beast with him in it. Either he plays most matches (including all UCL games) going forward or we win fuck all. Pretty simple.
Yeah he is better when he plays regularly. Looking better now after a pretty average season with form and then injuries. This is the best he has been this season.

I'm assuming there's no chance of Ake being available. The sooner he's back, the better. We need as many of the treble-winning team on the pitch as possible.

Presuming no Walker (unfortunately), I'd go:

Ederson/Ortega
Akanji -- Stones -- Dias -- Gvardiol
Rodri
Foden -- KDB -- Bernardo -- Grealish
Haaland

Gvardiol doesn't currently work great with Grealish but Bernardo working with Jack on the left could fix that.

If Walker is available, I'd go:

Ederson/Ortega
Walker -- Stones -- Dias -- Akanji
Rodri
Foden -- KDB -- Bernardo -- Grealish
Haaland

Think we'll be well up for this, 2 good performance back-to-back (for the first time this season?) and a trophy that's in our control.

Have had to go with a defeat - hopefully narrow 2-1 or 1-0.
Back 4 pretty much picks itself currently, midfield I expect to see Rodders alongside Kova, Foden KdB and Bernardo - gives us energy and control. The Viking plays up top and will be a handful for them - as they won't get away with having their paws all over him with a European ref.
We can't give Madrid the 2v2 3v3 or 2v3 we gave Palace yesterday though. I'm with a few from yesterday that we're playing far to high at the back, and have all season.
Hey ho - onwards and upwards

Madrid should win. They have had a lot longer to rest and prepare and are at home.

City just need to stay within 1 goal in the first leg.

Ortega, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Gvardiol, Bernardo, Rodri, Kovacic, Foden, Haaland, Grealish
I hate to leave Kev out but i'd start with that the team too.

We need to keep it tight and not lose control of midfield.

With Kev, Doku, Alvarez, on the bench we have great options if needed.

Just like last season, i'd be happy with a draw in this one and then win the tie at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.