Dias
Garvidol
Rodri
Bernardo
Grealish
Foden
Bobb
Alvarez

Presuming no Walker or Ake, Pep could go for something like this, doubtful, I know. But I think there is good energy in that team and it keeps the ball better. We can bring on The King and The Viking in the second half, if needed. Bernardo to help out Rodri from deep, if needed. Toss of a coin between Ortega and Eddy, however very difficult to drop Ortega due to his recent performances. I was impressed with Bobb today, especially 1st half and I think he could cause them some problems. Rico unlucky not to start, but they have a bit of pace going forward. Anyway, whatever team he puts out, I would take a draw, but would hope for a win. C'mon the Boys in Blue!
I like that team, a lot. Although, I imagine KDB will be starting in that 10 role over Foden.

I like that team, a lot. Although, I imagine KDB will be starting in that 10 role over Foden.
He probably will start KDB. I just think while KDB can be brilliant, he can also give the ball away trying to force a pass. He doesn't appear to have the legs to get back to help out and RM could take advantage of that. Anyway Pep, knows a lot more than me and I'm sure he'll know what he wants from his team.

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Stones
Gvardiol

Rodri
Kovacic
De Bruyne

Foden
Bernardo
Haaland

I think we will win thus game narrowly, I've watched a fair bit of Real Madrid in the Champions League and I don't think they are anywhere near us. RB Leipzig gave them a torrid time over two legs, I think we will create alot of chances, If we are clinical on front of goal we'll win thus game on Tuesday.
This is what I think Pep will select. I agree with it as well. Experience, match fitness, form, big match players. We have a mixture of all of the above here. 1-2 City.

edit: I would pick Stefan over Eddie on form. Love Eddie, but he has been out for some time, and Stefan has been brilliant.

Last edited:
Would play Kovacic alongside Rodri for this , we need to stop them trying to play through the middle and we need to starve them of possession , Kovacic is superb at rotating the ball and keeping the ball
Risk v reward. What happens if we start kova and go 1/2 down? Wait until the 60th min to bring on more offensive players?

I don’t think we are capable of keeping any team out at the min never mind Madrid.

Play the best team available and let the chips fall…

Play to win, we'll win 2-0 or 2-1

Ortega over Ederson
Kovacic and Grealish to start.
What team would you select out of curiosity?

Just wondering because you've Grealish to start, Would Pep try fit in KDB, Foden, Bernie and Grealish?

I wouldn't mind seen both players you've mentioned starting although I think Kovacic is nailed on to start. I'm unsure over Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.