Real Madrid & Abu Dhabi partnership (merged)

Re: Real Madrid, Sheik Mansour agree deal to renovate Bernab

SPIDERBOY said:
Blue Mist said:
It might not infringe any rules but I bet Wenger has something to say about it !!

Yep,especially if we should buy or loan a player from them.

Thinking about it, just to wind Froggy up, we should make an approach for someone, anyone in January. It might just tip him over the edge.

feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
Blue Mist said:
It might not infringe any rules but I bet Wenger has something to say about it !!

He can't say much as we payed for the emirates to be built as well.

Yep..........................and remember every time a Rag fills his car up with UAE fuel, he is helping keep poor old City keep afloat......love it !!!!!

Although I have no doubt that the over riding objectives of this deal are commercial, I do think that it will ensure that Madrid are very careful not to be seen to be supporting any organisation that sets out deliberately to harm another Abu Dhabi investment.

PixieScott said:
As someone who has lived in U.A.E I could probably lend some perspective.

U.A.E for a long time has been diversifying its revenue sources and preparing for life beyond oil. UAE by the way is a federation of 7 emirates of which Dubai and Abu Dhabi are 2 emirates. Abu Dhabi has the most oil and therefore is the richest and infact bailed Dubai out recently. Interesting tidbit , Emirates belongs to Dubai while Etihad belongs to Abu Dhabi. Both have invested millions into infrastructure,properties,assets etc. to create UAE as a tourist destination and global hub for business. All of this largely banks on good PR worldwide which is where strategic investments such as MCFC , Real Madrid investment etc. come in. Creating goodwill regarding U.A.E is as important as actually building a paradise to attract. Qatar has recently adopted a similar blueprint ( hence PSG, Carnegie Mellon extension unis etc. ) . People tend to have a reserved opinion over middle east countries because the goverments are still benevolent dictatorships and human rights/freedom of speech usually borders on the gray. You're fine until you say something that might harm the reputation of the leaders or city. One need not look furthur than Qatar construction worker's human rights issue which is prevalent across Gulf. Do you really believe that upliftment of Manchester is priority #1 for anyone ? Emirates/Etihad sponsor cricket,football,horse racing etc. The idea behind is to ensure a positive sentiment and outlook towards Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Investing/Supporting Real Madrid is pure business for it is a top 2 club in the world and outreach potential is massive. They are playing a far bigger high stakes game in which MCFC is just a strategic asset.
Yeah. This is common sense really. Not many better places to advertise Abu Dhabi/Etihad than football.

Nothing whatsoever to do with City. The sheikh has far bigger Assets and interests than City. It's an easy way of making money for his company, nothing more. It just so happens that this particular deal involves another football team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.