Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

There are fluent Spanish speaking staff in the souvenir store.

Manchester has a very large Spanish (Student) community. Not to mention in London and across the UK.

In Spain you either support Real Madrid or Barcelona, with the rest making up the difference as a percentage.

Tickets in the City ends will fly out, not only because of Spanish people living in the UK, but because of the amount of foreign people who now live in the UK and will want to see Real Madrid. Soriano knows he can shift tickets regardless of the up take from City fans. If sales are sluggish, City will just shift more tickets via selling them to tourists, to day trippers, and to ticket agencies.

Sadly, that CL atmosphere Pep desperately wants won’t be there once again. And if he brings it up again, I hope it’s in conversation with Khaldoon and Soriano, and not at the press conference before or after the match.
If City are in the game it will be a fantastic atmosphere -just like the Spurs CL game was. I don't see why the crowd or the atmosphere will be any different unless Real Madrid manage to put the tie beyond us in the 1st leg.

If City are in the game it will be a fantastic atmosphere -just like the Spurs CL game was. I don't see why the crowd or the atmosphere will be any different unless Real Madrid manage to put the tie beyond us in the 1st leg.

The atmosphere will be different.

And it will still be good if we are in the game after the 1st leg and through out the 2nd leg.

A stadium full of tourists and day trippers will dilute the atmosphere, regardless if we’re in the tie or not.

The Real Madrid crowd won’t be the Hamburg crowd, the Liverpool crowd or the Spurs crowd.

And it will still be good if we are in the game after the 1st leg and through out the 2nd leg.

A stadium full of tourists and day trippers will dilute the atmosphere, regardless if we’re in the tie or not.

The Real Madrid crowd won’t be the Hamburg crowd, the Liverpool crowd or the Spurs crowd.
It wont be full of tourists though, there may be more than a league game, but at leat 90% probably more will be season ticket holders or match day ticket buyers. Certainly not enough tourists to dilute the atmosphere, which like a few C// L nights could well be better than when its left to the regulars at a league game.
In fact often a games I’ve seen groups of tourists join in more than some of the miserable s/c holders sat near me and stay longer too.

People always underestimate how many actual proper City fans will go to this. Ultimately those saying they won’t go are always in a minority in the real world.

Hopefully it will be better than our poor league crowd atmosphere when the grounds full of season ticket holders.

It wont be full of tourists though, there may be more than a league game, but at leat 90% probably more will be season ticket holders or match day ticket buyers. Certainly not enough tourists to dilute the atmosphere, which like a few C// L nights could well be better than when its left to the regulars at a league game.
In fact often a games I’ve seen groups of tourists join in more than some of the miserable s/c holders sat near me and stay longer too.

I’ll have to take your word for that.

We’ll see on the night.

I just hope City are still in the tie at the Etihad and don’t concede an early goal, otherwise the Etihad could be like a Morgue. :-(

Hopefully we’ll be at least level after the 1st leg, and we’ll get 1 or 2 early goals at the Etihad, which ‘will’ get the place rocking, followed by the usual nervous quietness as full-time approaches. :-/

People always underestimate how many actual proper City fans will go to this. Ultimately those saying they won’t go are always in a minority in the real world.

Hopefully it will be better than our poor league crowd atmosphere when the grounds full of season ticket holders.

A good indicator is my Mrs and Daughter. If they go it’s a good sign our other season tickets holders who don’t normally go to a CL game will go. She’s not sure yet. But I think She will go. If they don’t go, their seats will still sell.

Nailed it.

It’s usually season ticket holders who leave early because ‘they’ve always done it’.

As long as the tie is very much alive then there will be a great atmosphere.

Well if my life depended on it, I would find the £60 or whatever in March to go to this game.

Its 2 months until the home leg and blues are already moaning about money, if were being honest most blues can afford it.
This as an individual match, yes. But what about Wembley if we get there, that will be paid for around the same time as the ticket money for this comes out? What about if we beat Fulham and get another home FA Cup tie, that will come out around the same time too? What about United and Chelsea way in the league?

One or more of these games will have to be culled from being attended for many people. Wembley wouldn’t be one of them so you’re looking at the next most expensive and that would be Madrid.

This as an individual match, yes. But what about Wembley if we get there, that will be paid for around the same time as the ticket money for this comes out? What about if we beat Fulham and get another home FA Cup tie, that will come out around the same time too? What about United and Chelsea way in the league?

One or more of these games will have to be culled from being attended for many people. Wembley wouldn’t be one of them so you’re looking at the next most expensive and that would be Madrid.
You forgot one, what if we get past RM we've definitely got another home game, with this argument we could go on and on, its all too expensive but blues talk about Mppape and the like and want to pay £20 to watch him play , it ain't going to happen.

I reckon this will sell out / be full because thousands of tickets can be given to school kids if they are not selling. It would have been better for the ticket prices to be a bit lower and a sell out would have been virtually guaranteed.

Real Madrid are still a big draw for neutrals (a bit less so without Ronaldo) and the 30k or so of regulars who go to every home game will be there.

When we get hounded in the press about slow ticket sales, most Blues manage to find the money to get to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.