Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

Most of them won’t be city fans. The Madrid game I was surrounded by real fans and tourists

I’d also say we have no where near the tourists to fill our ground. When the core fans don’t go there’s lots of empty seats, but the club don’t care about our fans, only money

At least you were surrounded by real fans.

Your closing statement is your opinion, fine, my opinion is that yours is a load of trash.

Has this sold out already? The site is showing zero availability but it isn't reported to be sold out.

Just got what appears to be the last ticket (do they release them in dribs and drabs as they go?). £32.50 I think that's reasonable. Mind you, I'm in Row B of the lowest tier in the South Stand! I don't think I've ever watched a match at the Etihad from that low down.

My ST is on the back row of L1 East Stand.

Last time we played Madrid, I was on the front row.

Holy moly, seeing the players that close...wow!

Gareth Bale was like a prime race horse at the time and watching him sprinting for the ball, then actually move up a gear as well was jaw-dropping.

The odd ticket might pop up every now and then but yes, it's effectively sold out

Yep seem the younger fans love the champs league few under 25 city fans I know would rather watch champs league than premier some even saying it’s boring! Remarkable really wonder this is the norm?

My ST is on the back row of L1 East Stand.

Last time we played Madrid, I was on the front row.

Holy moly, seeing the players that close...wow!

Gareth Bale was like a prime race horse at the time and watching him sprinting for the ball, then actually move up a gear as well was jaw-dropping.

A good few years ago I was at the pitch in my local village (where I was living at that time) and for some reason the players of Olympique Lyonnais came to play a kickabout match with a team from the area. Can't remember why. There was some connection through family, I think. It was the full first team, mind, not reserves. What I do remember is this. Standing pitchside, right on the touchline, you suddenly see just how fast these athletes are operating, even when it's a meaningless kickabout. You don't see that from up in the stands. It was mind-blowing. There is no amateur side that would even get near them.

Re. Bale. I don't know if you were at the match at the Etihad in January, 2012, when we beat Spurs 3-2, by the skin of our teeth. What a match that was! I thought Bale was huge that day. Just terrifying. It's a long time back, but he's still quite a player. As you say, a thoroughbred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.