Real Madrid CL S/F 2nd Leg (H) | Man of the Match

1Man of the Match

• Total voters
Ederson: Made like 3 or 4 world class saves and kept a clean sheet 8
Akanji: Kept Rodrygo quiet and beginning to show signs of getting better as an attacking full back. Add to that a goal that should have counted for him imo 7.5
Walker: Magnificent to say the least. Vini was seriously avoiding him. There were a couple of times that he made last ditch clearances to stop Vini who otherwise would easily be free to shoot on goal 8
Stones: Was solid in attack and defense. Made some iffy passes but that didn’t change the fact that he was sublime 7
Dias: Commanding performance and didn’t give Benzema a hoot. There were times that RM were trying to go long seeing that a number of our players wer foraying in attacking areas leaving a lot of opportunity to counter but he, Stones and Rodri were ever present to quell the danger 7
Rodri: As mentioned earlier he put out so many fires, was the fulcrum as he got things going and his press resistance was very helpful. Charged his way through opposition players quite a bit too 8
Gundogan: speaking of press resistance and short passing give and go game, he epitomized that. Also he made some nice near assists and played some very clever balls in the opposition areas 7.5
De Bruyne: On a day when some of his ideas didn’t quite come off he still managed to get one and a half assists. That pass to Bernardo for the first was top class 7
Bernardo: Apart from the goals, he would still be in the conversation for MOM. He was everywhere with bags of energy and doing everything. His dribbles were coming off unlike in the first leg. He looked like a man on a mission wanting to prove a point. He gave Camavinga, who was hailed in the first leg, some tonking 9
Grealish: Silky, tidy and smooth operator. He teased Carvajal again and again. That performance was the definition of little is more. Very effective in the use of the ball and worked hard for the team. His dribbles and forays were all great. Not sure I saw him lose the ball. But yeah that’s just me 7.5
Haaland: Missed guilt edged chances abut his presence was always a reminder to the RM defenders to be constantly wary. Not his best day but it’s all good 6.5
Tough school.

Hard to even pick one. Everyone was superb.

I'll give it to Bernardo. Scored a brace, and the opener, which IMO was the most important - as before it seemed like Courtois was unbeatable.

Has to be Bernardo, but they were all exceptional. A complete masterclass.

Ok I admit, my ratings were very harsh. Very complete performance from the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.