Real Madrid (H) CL Post-Match Thread

We’ve got a place on PS1, usually watch it in bad bobs as I think we’ve only lost once when I’ve watched it in there. Watched the dipper game last season in the corner bar, think Mahrez ballooning the penalty was down to me switching bars

I know it well, I rent a mates apartment in Playa Honda, he drinks in Bad Bob's. Sid and Sylvia two big blues stay in P1 or 2 and watch games in Fernando's or the Brahms.

I know it well, I rent a mates apartment in Playa Honda, he drinks in Bad Bob's. Sid and Sylvia two big blues stay in P1 or 2 and watch games in Fernando's or the Brahms.
Not a lover of Fernandos since he charged two of us for the same tables drinks bill !

This ^^. Anticipated the header and altered his movement, brilliant attacker's gamble.

His expected goals/minute is actually higher than even Aguero's (if the penalty goals are neglected). He seems to be immensely talented in getting in the right places at the right time or you else you won't have that stat that high. Just need to slightly increase his efficiency and we have immense world class player easily.

i enjoyed the match very much, a good cup tie.

MOTM: Jesus. just ahead of De Bruyne, amazing work rate and skill on the lad.

Unsung hero: Cancelo. Yes he wasnt the best player on the pitch but his role of almost a wing-back (in contrast to Walker's more restrained role) was a huge ask.

Controversial opinion; we still need to look at some of these chances we're passing up. Without Varane's meltdowns (expertly jumped on by Gabby), would we have scored? possibly.

Controversial opinion; we still need to look at some of these chances we're passing up. Without Varane's meltdowns (expertly jumped on by Gabby), would we have scored? possibly.

A lot of the chances we missed, as well as the two we scored, came from mistakes made by them as a result of our pressure. We did not create that many chances from our own open play - we created IIRC Four or five chances arising from mistakes they made that they were pressed into as well as the two we scored from,

one of the reasons the BT commentary annoyed me so much was the constant references to Madrid’s mistakes with not a word as to why they were making them.

A lot of the chances we missed, as well as the two we scored, came from mistakes made by them as a result of our pressure. We did not create that many chances from our own open play - we created IIRC Four or five chances arising from mistakes they made that they were pressed into as well as the two we scored from,

one of the reasons the BT commentary annoyed me so much was the constant references to Madrid’s mistakes with not a word as to why they were making them.

dont get me wrong we were excellent in that department, but still. Anyway, was just a thought.

Unsung hero: Cancelo. Yes he wasnt the best player on the pitch but his role of almost a wing-back (in contrast to Walker's more restrained role) was a huge ask.

Not controversial at all for me mate. As a team we miss a criminal amount of chances. Our forward players are nowhere near clinical enough, maybe bar Agüero but even he misses easy chances.

The higher up in quality the game is, the fewer chances we’ll create as a team. In the ¼s and if we get there the ½s and final, we might only create one or two chances in the entire games... if they’re on Sterling’s left foot, Jesus has to think about it or Mahrez goes for power instead of accuracy (like all of them struggle with) then we could easily go out of the competition because they’ll probably miss.

Look back at games we’ve lost and the chances we’ve missed in them. Apart from maybe Wolves at home and Arsenal in the FA Cup ½ final where we were diabolical both times, we outplayed every single team we played against this season and missed a series of complete sitters through our forwards poor finishing ability. Look back at Spurs at home and United at home in the EFL Cup as examples. Very very poor finishing from us.

Messi Suarez and Neymar all scored 35 goals and above (Messi over 50) each when they played under Vilanova and they were breaking all-time scoring records... yet we produce just as many goal scoring chances as they did back in 2013 (or whenever it was).

Our forwards need to spend a fucking hell of a long time on improving their finishing with both feet. It isn’t good enough at the moment!

For the amount of chances he’s had this season, Sterling should be on 40 goals easily; and Jesus has a good goals per minute ratio but even with quite low minutes he’s actually had the second most shots in the league (behind Salah) and his conversion rate is very low.

It looked like a deliberate (and occasionally overdue) policy that only one fullback went forward. Obviously Walker had Hazard to keep an eye on, but it's when both are forward that there are gaps.

I thought Cancelo did okay, some mistakes, but I assume he hasn't played much on the left.

And yes, clinical finishing has been absent a lot.

It looked like a deliberate (and occasionally overdue) policy that only one fullback went forward. Obviously Walker had Hazard to keep an eye on, but it's when both are forward that there are gaps.

I thought Cancelo did okay, some mistakes, but I assume he hasn't played much on the left.

And yes, clinical finishing has been absent a lot.

i thought Cancelo was ok in his actual play, not great, but i think he had a lot to do on the entire flank so he actually had more on his plate

Yeah we either doubled up on Hazard, or, as i prefer to think, we just allowed De Bruyne some space there and confused the fuck out Hazard. Either way, job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.