Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Just read a stat that in the first 30 minutes of the game City made over 5 times more successful passes than Real who only managed 45 passes.

That is I-N-C-R-E-D-B-L-E-!-!-!

I don’t think I have ever witnessed a better 45 minutes by a City team than the first half last night. To a man they were brilliant. The way we completely dominated the European Champions was almost unbelievable. The way we played, it was inevitable that we would score, and Bernardo took them both superbly. One of the other highlights was Kyle sprinting back to overtake Vinicius, and just bring the ball away.

If it wasn’t for General de Gaulle, the game would have been over by the break. Those two saves he made from Erling were phenomenal.

Phil's through-ball to Julián for the fourth was brilliant.

A brilliant atmosphere throughout, no doubt helped by the flags, but added to by the occasion.

At work this morning, I went to see my Leicester-supporting mate, who said, "Don’t come over here looking for a pat on the back".

In English
From the same publication...

Nothing of note... APART from the defence splitting pass that put Alvarez in for his goal?

1684421011101.png

We talk about the ground being overrun with tourist type fans for the big CL games. Last night I had a Chinese couple behind me, who were at their first City game. When we broke into the Poznan they joined in and the woman had the biggest smile on her face, it was actually brilliant to see.
There were 3 Americans a few seats across from us and they proper had it for the full game.

I tried to speak to them on a couple of occasions it they couldn’t understand a fucking word!

I got two messages from Real Madrid fans congratulating me last night. One guy said "City's day has arrived" enjoy it.

Of course did I hear from any of the Arsenal, Liverpool, or United fans I know? Of course not...crickets from them
In fairness, I did hear from a friend back in Ireland who is a united fan. She just said "what a masterclass... some of the best football I have ever seen...only we can stop you from the treble now.." etc. Also heard from a Gunner supporter over here who just texted me "Fantastic display all round" I also have a cousin from London who is a huge gooner. A few weeks ago, on Facebook, he told me to "contemplate the 5 point gap" after another City win. I told him that 5 points is nothing to this side and that there were sharks in the water.... Nary a peep from him this past couple of weeks. Wonder why...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.