Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep has to play Cancelo at LB these next two league games and let him get as used to it as possible. There's no reason zinchenko should be playing vs the likes of Hazard/Vini/Asensio/etc

Need to play a double pivot.
No striker to start.
Clog the midfield.

On paper something like:

Ederson;
Walker, Garcia, Laporte, Zinchenko;
Fernandinho, Rodri;
KDB;
Foden, Bernardo, Sterling;

But becomes almost like a Bielsa 1-3-3-3-1 when needed to strangle the midfield

Ederson;
Walker, Garcia, Laporte;
Ferna, Rodri, Zinchenko;
Foden, KDB, Bernardo;
Sterling;

Sterling stays high for pace on counter and to pin their CBs back.

Last edited:
I think Pep has to play Cancelo at LB these next two league games and let him get as used to it as possible. There's no reason zinchenko should be playing vs the likes of Hazard/Vini/Asensio/etc

No Stones,Otamendi or Gundogan

Agree.

I argued the case for Cancelo on another thread.

Garcia’s a risk but none of the other options is exactly copper-bottomed. Give the lad his big opportunity. Didn’t we do the same with another young CB a few years back? Nastasic?

Happy for Merlin to start but not Gundo too. Foden should play.

I’d like to see Watford and Norwich matches treated as serious preparation. Saying those matches don’t matter is exactly the mentality that lets us down on occasions. Tell it to Watford’s relegation rivals.

Ederson
Walker Garcia Laporte Mendy
Fernandinho Rodri
Foden KDB Sterling
Jesus

We need plenty of legs against Real and in Walker, Laporte and Mendy we've got decent pace at the back. Fern and Rodri should be able to protect Garcia enough. Foden, KDB and Sterling should be able to give Real something to think about on the counter and Jesus will put in a good shift against their backline.

Pep is the manager and we have a newly arrived charismatic assistant... lets see....
Had to laugh yesterday. The assistant’s talking to Pep at some length in animated fashion. Pep’s sat looking into the distance with an expression like “I wonder what time to go for a shit”. Anyone else notice?

Be patient. Don't try to force a goal and thereby leaving our back line exposed.

------------------Ederson
Walker--Fernandinho--Laporte--Me
-------------------Rodri
-------De Bruyne-----Foden
Mahrez----------Jesus--------Sterling

God knows who's playing left back for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.