Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d have gone through that tie with VAR. We’d have 3 more goals (two wrongly given offside and that penalty) and they’d have had one less and we wouldn’t have faded in the second half of the second leg.
That is too much faith in var and the refs operating it,the officials were handpicked for those games,they got the outcome they wanted

Fully expect Sergio Ramos to play tonight as he’s travelled with the squad...maybe watch out for something like this??

We’d have gone through that tie with VAR. We’d have 3 more goals (two wrongly given offside and that penalty) and they’d have had one less and we wouldn’t have faded in the second half of the second leg.

I've always said this and people think I'm mad, well dippers and rag fans do. Like u say take away the blatant decisions and we do indeed go through instead we lose the tie 5-1 :-( shows how bent / corrupt the game can be.

Rodrigo: "We are in a good mood. We are so confident in ourselves. We are very excited for the game tomorrow and it is a long time since the last match but we have been thinking about the game and we are so focused on it. We know it is going to be very tough.

Rodrigo: "If we do a good match tomorrow, for sure we are going to have lots of chances. We have made a great effort since we came back and the team is in a good mood. We are calm and ready for the match tomorrow

Rodrigo: "It is going to be very, very tough. We want to win this game because we know we can.

Rodrigo: "We are focused and the confidence of the team is to get this goal - it is so important for the club. It is a dream for everyone, for me. Tomorrow we have this amazing match that is a final for us but we have the confidence that it is a long tournament

Rodrigo: "We will be happy for us to go through but beating this kind of team [Real Madrid] would be a big confidence boost for us. We know we want to win the #UCL so we can only focus on one game. It is important to win tomorrow..."

I think we are going to show them too much respect

Rodrigo: "Individually, it's been an amazing year because of what I have learned as a footballer and the way I have been involved in such an amazing team. I am so happy for what I have done but for the future I think I am so happy with what is going to come...

Rodrigo: "I am very proud of what we have done but we have to keep learning and keep growing because the following years this team is going to do very good things. It is not easy being at #ManCity but for me it is a dream

Rodrigo: "They [Real Madrid] are more than a team. They have that way of playing where you can never relax even if you are winning 3 or 4-0 - they always come back and have that huge personality to become the champions they have been

Rodrigo: "It is the biggest team in this competition and they show to the world, but now football has changed a little bit it is so competitive, the distances between teams are so narrow..."

Rodrigo: "I know we have the better team but we have to show it on the pitch tomorrow. If we do things well, I think everything is going to be good for us

Rodrigo: "We won 2-1 on their pitch, that is so important but the most important thing is to show that we can win the UCL, not only this match. To win the Champions Leagues we have to win our games and show we are better than anyone

Rodrigo: "Every team needs someone who brings balance and tactical discipline to the middle. Skillful players with ability can turn a game but every team needs someone who is in there controlling things in the middle. Casemiro is a vital cog in their machine

Rodrigo: "It’s down to Zidane to decide whether to risk him if he isn’t fully fit, but we’re aware of the dangers he can bring and we will be ready for him if he does play.

Rodrigo: "We want to play against opponents that have their best players on the field. You don’t need me to tell you Hazard is one of the best in the world and he can turn a game and influence a result

Rodrigo: "We have talented players in every position and everyone can contribute in scoring but it is useless to say that if we don’t show it tomorrow night. We have to match Real Madrid in what they may have better than us..."

Rodrigo: "...which is experience and a strong mentality in these big, big games. If we match them in those areas, fate will decide but we’ll have a very good chance

Last edited:
Pep Guardiola on Nathan Ake and Ferran Torres: "Welcome to both of them. Next season they will be with us

Pep Guardiola: "It was a long time ago when we played the first leg. We knew it after the game we would have another one here at home. It is without our people, but we will try to do a good game

Pep Guardiola: "I think all professionals, not just the managers, miss spectators. That is the reality but we have already adapted a little bit. Hopefully it depends on the health if we are going to play with fans, but it needs to be secure for everyone

Pep Guardiola: "We want kids to go to school as soon as possible, that is more important than people coming back to stadiums

Pep Guardiola: "More than just conceding goals is the way we concede. If they are brilliant, we have to accept but most of them we could have avoided and we have to avoid making mistakes. This competition punishes you a lot..

Pep Guardiola: "We know it, we have spoken about that in the last years and we know it. If we want to make a step forward as a team to be close to winning this competition, we have to be better in this area

Pep Guardiola: "The fact we play against Real Madrid or not, I will always be a Barcelona supporter. It is the club where I grew up and gave me part of who I am, but when I was with Bayern and played against Real Madrid or Barcelona, I wanted to beat them

Pep Guardiola: "Nothing special. I want it for our players and our club to go to the next step, I don’t lose concentration on this kind of thing because I focus on what we have to do as a team to beat Real Madrid.

Pep Guardiola: "We want to win this competition for sure. We have to beat Madrid and teams like Madrid if we want to win. We have to beat them tomorrow and then the next rounds.

Pep Guardiola: "I have the feeling today that we are ready to play the game tomorrow and do a good performance and win the game. That is my feeling. We are ready."

That ref appointment is a shocker tbh, there's no subtlety about this appointment. We will find out on Friday night, if, as many posters keep suggesting, that we have friends at uefa and Ceferin is an ally.

Last edited:
Looks like Fern and Laporte centre half.

Garcia has pretty much talked himself out of any involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.