Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

1. What should the training sessions leading up to the Madrid fixture be focused on?

2. What game plan and tactics would you employ to ensure that we reach the quarter finals? Keep in mind

3. Would you play David Silva? Should Foden start? What about Bernardo (he started the away fixture)?

4. If Aguero is fit in time, should he immediately start over Jesus?

5. Would you go with experience at the back or place your trust in an inexperienced youngster (Eric Garcia) in our most important fixture of the season?

Please answer these questions as I'm genuinely curious on how City should approach this game. Being a manager is definitely not easy.

No striker.

Play with Bernardo in a free role across midfield like he was away there, where he can defend deep where needed but also join the attack.

We need numbers in midfield for this game!

Can this be turned into a pre match thread. I know it’s early but who gives a fuck about the Watford and Norwich game. This is so important and we can’t afford to fuck this up. I’d go Ederson Walker Fernandinho Laporte Zinchenko; Rodri KDB Bernardo; Sterling RW Jesus ST Mahrez LW

1/ Breaking at pace
2/ A 4/5/1 formation with Gundogan and Rodri sitting in front of our defenders
Invite Real Madrid on and hit them on the counter with the pace of Sterling, Jesus & KDB
3/No Dave. We need midfielders with energy to press and my attacking tactics would pretty much bypass our midfield
4/No. Whoever plays CF has to be full of energy and Aguero won't be ready for that after his lay off
5/I'd go for Fern at the back with Laporte as he played really well in Madrid when he came on and Fern is less likely to commit an error

As Mendy is banned I would perhaps play 5 at the back and 2 sitting in front and invite them on with KDB and our 3 quickest players in front of him.

However it all starts going wrong when I I try to visualise the 5 players at the back.

3-4-3 (no striker)
Ederson
Walker Garcia Laporte
Cancelo KDB Rodri Zinchenko
Foden Bernardo Sterling

Absolutely swamp them in central midfield with two of Foden, Bernardo and Sterling dropping deep at all times and the other running in behind to stretch them vertically. Cancelo and Zinchenko (*Mendy suspended?) to provide the natural width to stop Madrid stifling us in central areas. Most importantly, when we lose the ball, win it back very quickly. Intensity and controlled aggression off the ball will be key to us not losing.

If we need to change it we have Mahrez, Silva and Jesus to give us different options.

Pep is the manager and we have a newly arrived charismatic assistant... lets see....

Can this be turned into a pre match thread. I know it’s early but who gives a fuck about the Watford and Norwich game. This is so important and we can’t afford to fuck this up. I’d go Ederson Walker Fernandinho Laporte Zinchenko; Rodri KDB Bernardo; Sterling RW Jesus ST Mahrez LW
There'll be a pre match thread in the lead up to the game, once the previous game has been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.