Real Madrid (H) Ticket Info | SOLD OUT

Disagree.

It's a Champions League semi final not an FA Cup 3rd round. It's very reasonable and you will not see Cheaper semi final tickets anywhere in the UK.
You won't as there's only us in a semi but, with all the other games and hard times financially for many fans overpriced isn't far wrong, everyone has a level they are prepared to go to.

Its a disgrace if you ask me. Those who have waited their turn for a season ticket for years have been shafted here. Just like they were last summer when them few hundred Silver season tickets went on sale to everyone in a free for all. They make everyone pay £37 and absolutely nobody is rewarded.

This criteria for a semi final for members means someone could have gone every home game for 5 years with a membership (10 points a game is a joke by the way which never means anything in scenarios like this) on waiting list for season ticket and miss out in the queue on Friday morning to someone who paid for a membership last night. Bayern at home sold out within 4 minutes to members who had been at 5 games this season, imagine how quick it will go Friday? A lot of members who go every game will have to source alternatively. Not good enough.
They only put that cap on Bayern because they knew there was a risk of away fans in the home end. Madrid don’t travel in numbers so the risk is far lower.

You have to assume the club would actually rather tourists who have never been to a game getting those Cityzens tickets over non-season ticket holder blues who go to a lot - the former are far more likely to spend money on club tat etc than the latter, and City can claim to be growing the fanbase. It’s a disgrace for those Cityzens members who attended all the less-glamorous group stage games and now have to play fastest finger first for a massive tie, but it’s also entirely consistent with the club’s attitude towards “legacy fans” over the past 6-7 years.

I know mate. That's what I'm saying. Those who are members but not season ticket holders are lumped together on Friday. Loyalty points not counting for anything. Doesn't seem right at all. A few hours at least should be given to those with a fairly high number of points.
I'm a season ticket holder and on the cup scheme so doesn't affect me but could see the value in some sort of different criteria for different competitions.
People who have been to 5 home champions league game first then 4, 3 etc regardless of if they are a season ticket holder or not. After all, season tickets are for league games only.
League away games priority would still go to season ticket holders because they have been to the home games so fair for them to get first dibs on away games.

Not sure why they've upped the price for season card members not on the cup scheme (well I am but dont think they should have) I'm on the cup scheme but young Gaz isnt paid £17.50 for his Bayern ticket, £22.50 for his Madrid one not a great jump or worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things but the pennies add up after laying out over £300 at Wembley on Saturday without having a beer and with all these other games coming up, better let Mrs Gaz know its Margate not the Maldives this summer

I'm a season ticket holder and on the cup scheme so doesn't affect me but could see the value in some sort of different criteria for different competitions.
People who have been to 5 home champions league game first then 4, 3 etc regardless of if they are a season ticket holder or not. After all, season tickets are for league games only.
League away games priority would still go to season ticket holders because they have been to the home games so fair for them to get first dibs on away games.

It's a bit of a catch 22. I think season ticket holders should have the right to buy first. If money was no object they may well have done the previous Champions League ties too.

The way the remaining tickets are distributed needs to be fairer though. City love a free for all to justify the Cityzens card membership.

They don't care it's the glamour toe they could sell it out three times over with tourists.

unfortunately the tourists or the priced out City fans didn’t fill the 2000 empty seas at wembley, it’s a very short sighted approach, just wait if we get to the final in Istanbul, and it becomes too dear for a large portion of our support. The club should be working in tandem with the fans to ensure we can fill every ground every allocation, not forever looking at us a cash cows to be milked to the maximum. Because of the costs of this season for the first time ever I am looking at doing our season tickets over the course of the year as opposed to up front, it’s literally become unsustainabl, which is so sad when most of our support stick with the club, when no one else did.

unfortunately the tourists or the priced out City fans didn’t fill the 2000 empty seas at wembley, it’s a very short sighted approach, just wait if we get to the final in Istanbul, and it becomes too dear for a large portion of our support. The club should be working in tandem with the fans to ensure we can fill every ground every allocation, not forever looking at us a cash cows to be milked to the maximum. Because of the costs of this season for the first time ever I am looking at doing our season tickets over the course of the year as opposed to up front, it’s literally become unsustainabl, which is so sad when most of our support stick with the club, when no one else did.

Oh I agree but they price each game accordingly and they know Real Madrid will sell out easily. Wembley is totally different as the club don't set the prices and the added cost of travel, hotels etcetera has a big impact. This will be exactly the same for the champions league final if we get there.

You won't as there's only us in a semi but, with all the other games and hard times financially for many fans overpriced isn't far wrong, everyone has a level they are prepared to go to.
I respect that and I've a limit as well it's probably reasonably priced as I only pay £38 but that's the beauty of me moving from the 2nd tier Colin Bell stand.

The club get a lot of stick for prices and they could have easily priced these higher and it would have still sold out as the tourists would have filled the seats. I personally think they've listened by capping the prices this time. Hopefully they do the same or a little deduction from season tickets :)

I get times are hard but I look at it this way, my mate goes to Oldham games and pays £20 a game to watch national league football.

Oh I agree but they price each game accordingly and they know Real Madrid will sell out easily. Wembley is totally different as the club don't set the prices and the added cost of travel, hotels etcetera has a big impact. This will be exactly the same for the champions league final if we get there.
I would imagine the club get very little of the revenue too for the FA cup game so don’t really care how many go.

The selling criteria and prices are not inconsistent with the way the club treat fans nowadays.

I respect that and I've a limit as well it's probably reasonably priced as I only pay £38 but that's the beauty of me moving from the 2nd tier Colin Bell stand.

The club get a lot of stick for prices and they could have easily priced these higher and it would have still sold out as the tourists would have filled the seats. I personally think they've listened by capping the prices this time. Hopefully they do the same or a little deduction from season tickets :)

I get times are hard but I look at it this way, my mate goes to Oldham games and pays £20 a game to watch national league football.
As long as they sell out, which they will, I doubt they care very much who fills the seats. The bigger spend per person the better. They probably want newer fans to be able to go and get the bug. I would imagine the club will be absolutely delighted with tickets sales for the cup games this season in general and matchday revenue will have done through the roof. They aren’t building all this new infrastructure around the stadium for regular ST holders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.