Real Madrid (H) - Tue 26th April, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread | Team news (pg 67)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viniscus Junior's pace is a concern especially with no Walker and Stones. However, our offensive options and quality will still trouble Madrid. Should be a great game and any sort of lead going into the second leg will be a decent result.

A draw? We go for the throat, more than capable of getting a needed 2 goal cushion to take to Madrid

3-1, Gabby loves this fixture

Im surprised how cautious people are being.

This real side is half as good as the one we beat easily 2 years ago, we should make a statement beating them.

City win by 3 tomorrow. KDB, Jesus, Sterling.

Whilst it is far from ideal, Ake right back is comfortably the best option we have. as long as we don't expect him to offer anything going forward he will be fine. Cancelo is right footed playing on the left, we basically just have to ask him to do a man marking job on vinicius, it's manageable for a game, it will give them more chances to score but its no excuse for not taking a positive result over to Madrid.

They're a slow team that like the ball and like to impose themselves on to others. They're not far off the perfect match up for us. If we play with intensity throughout, they'll tire badly second half. I expect a tight first half then for us to get a hat full of chances second half, the only question is whether we can take them.
I expect RM will go for it if we’ve a makeshift defence. They’ll calculate that they will have more chance of scoring tomorrow than when we have players back for the 2nd leg.
I’m expecting a similar game to Monaco

This real side is half as good as the one we beat easily 2 years ago, we should make a statement beating them.

Exactly this madrid team wouldn’t make top 4 in the premier league Imo. The Chelsea result flattered them!

Viniscus Junior's pace is a concern especially with no Walker and Stones. However, our offensive options and quality will still trouble Madrid. Should be a great game and any sort of lead going into the second leg will be a decent result.
They may have a couple of exceptionally gifted players but we all know it's gonna be "lump it to Benzema" route one football.

i've decided R Madrid are going 4-3-3, as they like to, so we're going to counter it with a 3-4-3

Ederson
Dias - Laporte - Ake
De Bruyne - Gundogan - Rodri - Silva
Mahrez - Jesus - Foden

i.e. 3-2-5 in possession, or even 3-1-6. Defending 3-1-5-1. no worries. 3-0.

Honestly think it’s a defence mechanism for some, I’m sure some don’t actually care but I reckon most city fans want this more than the prem this year. Absolutely desperate for us to win it personally
Prem every time

Reactions: CC1

We have no defensive reassurances for tomorrow night. Benzema’s form, Vinicius’s form, all should be cause for concern. Their momentum at this point is strong and they rested on the weekend. People are underestimating them. They have a 15 point lead in La Liga

Prem every time
If we reach the final, which would very likely be against Liverpool, what happens ultimately will matter on how most of us feel about the season. If we win the league and a week later lose the UCL to them, it will leave a bitter taste just like last season. And if somehow the opposite happens, we lose the league but beat them in the final, it would hurt them and be massive for us. Hopefully we win both though

If we reach the final, which would very likely be against Liverpool, what happens ultimately will matter on how most of us feel about the season. If we win the league and a week later lose the UCL to them, it will leave a bitter taste just like last season. And if somehow the opposite happens, we lose the league but beat them in the final, it would hurt them and be massive for us. Hopefully we win both though
What if the scouse bastards win them both. I'd be suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.