Real Madrid (H) - Tue 26th April, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread | Team news (pg 67)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Dias
Laporte
Aké
Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Foden

325 in possession with Dias, Laporte and Aké in a back three. Rodri and Zinchenko in a midfield pivot. Mahrez wide right with
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Foden the other players making up the front 5. Obviously it will be very fluid positionally but I think this will be the standard.

Out of possession, most likely it will be a 442 with the back four being Dias, Laporte, Aké, Zinchenko. In midfield it will be: Bernardo, Rodri, Gundogan, Foden. The front two pressing the defence and the goalkeeper will probably be De Bruyne and Mahrez (or another of the midfield four).

We have no defensive reassurances for tomorrow night. Benzema’s form, Vinicius’s form, all should be cause for concern. Their momentum at this point is strong and they rested on the weekend. People are underestimating them. They have a 15 point lead in La Liga
We absolutely can’t underestimate not least because they find a way to win when outplayed. We’ve just seen that in the last 2 rounds. They are also rested.
If Walker and Stones are out then it’s Ake for me at RB. To play Dias there not only takes our captain out of the areas Benzems but Reuben isn’t quick and gives Vinicius the option to go inside of out and we know Vinicius to Benzems is a big threat for them.
Ake at RB will at least stop him going inside so often meaning going on the outside gives slightly more time to organise defensively. Also Nathan came into the cauldron at Athletico with the game and bodies in the line and played a brilliant cameo. I’m confident he could do it again.
Don’t expect to see him racing down to the byline though!

I expect RM will go for it if we’ve a makeshift defence. They’ll calculate that they will have more chance of scoring tomorrow than when we have players back for the 2nd leg.
I’m expecting a similar game to Monaco

Definitely makes sense, there's a chink in our armour but they have to wrestle control of the game from us first to be able to have a go at us and we rarely give that up, especially at home. End of the day it's one player/position, it's not going to be a completely makeshift defence. There's a big danger we murder them if they do open it right up, they will be wary of that too and will want to go into the second leg with a decent shot at progressing, last thing their midfield will want is a frantic back and forth game, they're all over 30 and prefer a slower game. They will pose a threat but I think we smash them if we put away our chances, I'm more concerned about our attackers finishing opportunities than them exploiting our right side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.