Real Madrid (H) - Tue 26th April, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread | Team news (pg 67)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kyle and John are both out any thoughts on whether Oleks could do a one off job at right back?
I'd imagine if it's a toss up between Zinchenko and Ake at RB, he'd go for Zinchenko. I just think he's technically better than Ake and he could play a similar role to what Cancelo does at LB.

I'd imagine if it's a toss up between Zinchenko and Ake at RB, he'd go for Zinchenko. I just think he's technically better than Ake and he could play a similar role to what Cancelo does at LB.
Usually when Cancelo plays at LB, Walker plays RB. They have complementary skills. Cancelo plays narrow, inverted. Walker plays wide, tries to get behind defenders and cut the ball back.

If Walker doesn’t play and Zinchenko doesn’t play either left back or left wing back then we will have very little width on either flank. It would be very difficult to overload one side of the pitch. It would hugely affect our style of play.

Unless Walker plays, we’re unlikely to have much attacking contribution from our right back. We shouldn’t add to that by taking away the attacking width that Zinchenko can bring at left back.

Usually when Cancelo plays at LB, Walker plays RB. They have complementary skills. Cancelo plays narrow, inverted. Walker plays wide, tries to get behind defenders and cut the ball back.

If Walker doesn’t play and Zinchenko doesn’t play either left back or left wing back then we will have very little width on either flank. It would be very difficult to overload one side of the pitch. It would hugely affect our style of play.

Unless Walker plays, we’re unlikely to have much attacking contribution from our right back. We shouldn’t add to that by taking away the attacking width that Zinchenko can bring at left back.
Could we just tell the wingers to stay wide a bit like we did in the 17/18 season at times with Sane/Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.