Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor has to be much stronger against rudiger or whatever the thug is called , didnt win any dual against him last game so it was a waste of time him playing really ,we didnt buy him to make space for others after all. We will have kev this time so he should get better service

Feeling good

COME ON BLUEBOYS
If he's being marked by 1 or 2 though,making space is exactly what he should do. Don't think it's any coincidence how many shots and goals we have recently started making from around the edge of the box,as Haaland pulls players to him. Doesn't matter whether it's Haaland or Gvardiol. Foden, Rodri,Kovacic getting the goals.
Think one of the best games we played was Arsenal last season when Haaland dropped leaving space for KDB to get in behind.

I’m full of nervous energy today pacing round the house I’m doing the wife’s nut my heart rate definitely beating faster today.

We are a stronger and a better team and Madrid know it. They had the benefit of 10 days rest, home advantage, no KDB or Walker last week. That's now flipped. Now it's our turn and we have to be on them as a crowd the moment they touch the ball and for 90+ mins. Say what you like about the dippers, but they make Anfield an absolute hot house on European nights as we did last year against this lot. If we repeat that, then team will do the rest. I know me and my mates are revved for this as I am sure most proper City fans are. We are the 12th man that RM are scared of and were scarred by last year...

Yeah was buzzing in there when they lost 5-2 to Real last season and 3-0 to Atalanta last week.

The atmosphere will be top tonight, as it always is when we have something at stake.

Been thinking about this all day.

The biggest problems for pep in terms of line up is.

1. Akanji or Dias at CB.
2. Do you put Kovacic alongside Rodri to sure up the midfield, by doing so you lose one of Grealish/ De Bruyne/ Foden

It's a different threat to last season with Vinicius and Rodrygo free to attack wherever there's space. But last season with our press and intensity they couldn't get out. Box them in and don't give them a sniff. Rodri and Stones pushing into the middle to deal with a long ball out and support the defence. De Bruyne in for Kovacic for an extra man forcing them back and creating chances.

City 3-1 Real Madrid.

Full time last week the GLW bemoaned the fact that she couldn’t go tonight because she didn’t have a ticket - she does this every bloody time. Could have gotten one if she tried as she’s a season ticket holder.
So, given last season that I went Bayern home and away, Real at home and Istanbul I took pity on her and gave her mine.
This cost me an extra £7 because, I am in the cup scheme so to transfer made it full price, then car parking £10 - she would have dropped/picked me ordinarily. Some free ticket that was!
So I am watching it at home getting pissed.
She’s got a right gob on her too so I suppose it will add to the noise!

Thor has to be much stronger against rudiger or whatever the thug is called , didnt win any dual against him last game so it was a waste of time him playing really ,we didnt buy him to make space for others after all. We will have kev this time so he should get better service

Feeling good

COME ON BLUEBOYS

Last season it was very odd that Ancelotti benched Rudiger after he did the same at the Bernabeu. I would expect him to play again tonight this time around. Haaland can't do a lot when Rudiger is basically bound to him like glue. We've got to be all over the ref with it, because most of the time he's fouling Haaland and has hold of him. But if Rudiger wants to play that game then fine, Haaland needs to take him as wide as he can and I would expect to see De Bruyne play instead of Kovacic tonight and have people using that space a lot more. We bought Haaland to help us win games, whether he scores or not isn't important as long as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.