Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Walker Dias Akanji
Stones Rodri
Bernardo Gundo Grealish
KDB
Haaland

The only change I'd potentially make is Foden, but I'd prefer him off the right and Pep loves Bernardo wide right in those big CL games. Great option from the bench though.

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Akanji
Stones, Rodri
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Grealish
Haaland

If we don't go to UCL Final and lose to Madrid second time in the row it's a big failure IMO. It's the biggest game of the season. You won't get a better chance to win UCL than to beat average AC Milan or Inter in the Final. This is it. The winner of this tie will lift UCL.
Failure! Give your head a wobble and, when it stops rattling, wobble it again

Think the team virtually picks itself for this. The only question mark is who will play on the right of the front three. Could be any one of Mahrez, Foden or Bernardo.

In terms of chances, it's something like: Bernie 80%, Foden 10% and Mahrez 10%. Foden was excellent yesterday but Pep's likely to go with what has worked so far.

Imo, Pep rested Bernardo for a reason. He's the only player in our team who could run over 13km in a game. Pep relies on his stamina and ability to keep the ball.

Does Bernardo being rested v Everton mean it’s essentially the same team as the first leg? I don’t see why we’d have rested him if he wasn’t starting v Madrid. And he sure as fuck isn’t playing in midfield instead of KDB or Gundo.
Certainly looks that way, although Bernardo did struggle at times against Camavinga, and it looks like he is going to be fit for the second leg. Wouldn't have minded seeing Foden or Mahrez up against him to test the defensive side of his game.

Same team that started in Madrid for me. No reason to change it. We'll play a lot better and with a lot more attacking intent at home. They were there for the taking at times but we didn't want to play that killer pass or commit too much. That will change at home. We'll be 2-0 up by half time and then we'll throw on Foden or Mahrez to kill them off and play on the counter and win 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.