Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the team virtually picks itself for this. The only question mark is who will play on the right of the front three. Could be any one of Mahrez, Foden or Bernardo.
It will be the one who works the hardest. Bernie. He is also more defensively aware than Foden or Marhrez. If we go 2 nil up and they are chasing the game, then bring Foden on

Last edited:
I love Bernardo like most blues do but I have to say I'm surprised how many have him in their predicted lineups.

He was poor vs West Ham, mediocre vs Leeds, and arguably our worst starter vs Madrid. I think you go with the player in better form and a good track record in these 'big' games in Mahrez. As good as Akanji has been- I might also think about getting Laporte in for him to get a left-footed player on that side as I imagine the majority of the match will be in their half.

Ederson

Walker Dias Laporte

Stones Rodri

Mahrez KDB Gundo Grealish

Haaland

I love Bernardo like most blues do but I have to say I'm surprised how many have him in their predicted lineups.

He was poor vs West Ham, mediocre vs Leeds, and arguably our worst starter vs Madrid. I think you go with the player in better form and a good track record in these 'big' games in Mahrez. As good as Akanji has been- I might also think about getting Laporte in for him to get a left-footed player on that side as I imagine the majority of the match will be in their half.

Ederson

Walker Dias Laporte

Stones Rodri

Mahrez KDB Gundo Grealish

Haaland

Bernardo was man of the match against Bayern, arguably in both legs. He's one for big occasions. It's not like he was in form several months ago.

Also, Bernardo offers us different things compared to Mahrez or Foden. It's not like Bernardo and Mahrez are the same type of player and we choose the one who performed better in the last game or two.

Madrid are a fine and dangerous opponent capable of anything. However, we have momentum, confidence, players in great form and home support. That mixture alone should give all fans a degree of confidence .

I'm looking forward to a thrilling game with us progressing to the final.

I think the team will be the same as the first leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.