Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could end this week as CL finalists and as champions, bring it on!
Conversely, we could end the weekend out of the CL and back in a title race to the last day…

giphy.gif

The first 15 minutes of the last game we pressed them hard and they couldn't handle it when we stopped doing that they got back In to the game milder conditions hopefully means we can play like that for longer and put them under a lot more pressure
It's going to be an emotionally draining night. We need to pace ourselves. Last thing we need is to knacker ourselves out for the second half. We know how good they are in the final 10-15 mins of a game.

Not expecting Marciniak to favour either side particularly, nor to be influenced by the atmosphere. Just so long as he doesn't let Carvajal get away with kicking everything in blue that moves, and so long as he has a stern word with Rudiger as soon as he starts his thuggery. Then yellow the next time he does it, or straight red if it's really bad. That's all I ask for.

I see that the 2022 World Cup Final referee Szymon Marciniak is to officiate the 2nd leg between City and Real Madrid.
He won't take any shit and will give pens judging by his performance in the W/C.

In the big games Bernardo is usually one of the first names on the team sheet. Last season in the away leg at Real he put on an absolute masterclass that is sadly forgotten because of the result.

However, on current form, I'm not sure he deserves to start the game. Mahrez has consistently come up with big goals in the Champions league over the last few seasons. Foden is also more of a goal threat than Bernardo and will press. At home, with us likely to dominate possession, a more attacking option would be my presence. The fact that Bernardo was rotated at the weekend makes me think he will start though and hopefully he reproduces the kind of performance we all know he's capable of.

I have a feeling this game will be decided late on, possibly even in extra time or with penalties, so I do wonder if Pep will try and keep some attacking options back because of that. Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez from the bench will cause problems for any tiring defence.
Agreed. As much as I rate Jack, he's already not a big goal threat on one side. I think we could do with one on the other in Mahrez. Also gives Camavinga(who I thought was damn good) a new player that he's unfamiliar with.

Debate between Mahrez and Foden for me - Riyad has that extra something in these type of games and think Foden's energy from the bench (regardless of whether we're winning or losing) will be beneficial.

It'd mean dropping Bernie, though, which I can't see happening in a game of this magnitude.

I'd go for:

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Stones
Akanji(/Ake)

Gundo
Rodri
Kev

Mahrez
Haaland
Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.