Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a squad game when most of the sixteen play a valuable role.

We can go at them hard and fast from the off and change things round depending on circumstances.

They are all good enough to do what's required.

The atmosphere has to be hostile, intense and electric even more so if things are a bit tricky.

Extra time & pens ?

We can go at them hard and fast from the off and change things round depending on circumstances.

The atmosphere has to be hostile, intense and electric even more so if things are a bit tricky.

Extra time & pens ?
I don’t think I will survive if it goes to pens

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Gundogan
DeBruyne
Silva
Grealish
Haaland
3-1
I wouldn't disagree too much, but I can't help believe Mahrez (Yes FFS!) just offers that little bit of extra composure in taking and creating chances in these elite level European games, and with that there is an argument he should start.

The more I think about it the more I feel like it would be a good idea for Bernardo to be an impact player off the bench and terrorise their tired legs

Mahrez also offers a lot from free kicks (even if he doesn’t take them; at the weekend I am pretty sure Pickford thought he was taking it - it gives the keeper a lot to think about with a right and left foot taker standing over it) and corners. If it’s cagey, and I think it will be, set plays could make a difference.

But just can’t see how he gets in the starting line up, so in Bernie we trust. Hopefully he sets the tempo for high intensity and high press like he has done so many times before

Extra time & pens ?
Oh ffs I was thinking about this the day after the draw in Madrid that it could go to pens,I’d nearly take us missing out I say nearly,than face the prospect of pens,doesn’t bare thinking..

I love Bernardo like most blues do but I have to say I'm surprised how many have him in their predicted lineups.

He was poor vs West Ham, mediocre vs Leeds, and arguably our worst starter vs Madrid. I think you go with the player in better form and a good track record in these 'big' games in Mahrez. As good as Akanji has been- I might also think about getting Laporte in for him to get a left-footed player on that side as I imagine the majority of the match will be in their half.

Ederson

Walker Dias Laporte

Stones Rodri

Mahrez KDB Gundo Grealish

Haaland

Bernardo main strength is giving the team more possession, keeping the ball under pressure & his defensive contribution.

While Riyad offer more threat offensively.

Thats why I think we need Riyad in the right & Bernardo somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.