Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiredness is definitely going to play a big part. They had an extra day off and rested most of their big ones. We had to play Rodri, Walker and Akanji 90 mins.
Do you honestly think any of our players broke a sweat today?

I can guarantee we've had tougher training sessions than today.

Some players need to play games to stay match fit, some players need a rest now and then, it's not linear with each player.

We will not be remotely 'tired' on Wednesday night. Last Wednesday aside, we've not broke sweat since the Bayern away game, even Arsenal at home was light work in the end.

Today has been the perfect preparation imo, everything went as good as we could've hoped.
Let's take this momentum and emotional high and turn it into a big win on Wednesday.

I'd start with this lineup but think Foden, Mahrez and Alvarez will all play big roles.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji

KDB
Rodri
Gundogan

Bernardo
Haaland
Grealish

COME ON CITY!!!

Tiredness will not be a factor at all. We strolled that today and we've gotten rest into every single player over the last 2 weeks. There will be absolutely no excuses concerning tiredness. I doubt it will happen but i want to see foden start, grealish has gone back to being ponderous and safe last few games and watching foden today go down the outside and by a player is exactly what we should be doing to carvajal. He would tear him apart.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb
Bernardo
Foden
Haaland

We are now 4 wins away from immortality with this being the first and likely hardest test. The Etihad will be absolutely rocking and i trust them to get the job done.

It won't backfire.

The players had nearly 5 days to recover after Madrid. They can play 2 games in 3 days. Only Walker, Dias, Akanji and Rodri from the starters vs Madrid played over 80 minutes today. But we controlled the game well, it wasn't very tiring, specially in the 2nd half the game wasn't intense.
I agree with you, but isn’t it 2 games in 8 days ?

Do you honestly think any of our players broke a sweat today?

I can guarantee we've had tougher training sessions than today.

Some players need to play games to stay match fit, some players need a rest now and then, it's not linear with each player.

We will not be remotely 'tired' on Wednesday night. Last Wednesday aside, we've not broke sweat since the Bayern away game, even Arsenal at home was light work in the end.
Well, may be you are right and we'll be alright on Wednesday. But yes I thought Rodri, Akanji and Walker looked tired. But then, having a fresh Stones alongside will help Rodri, Walker is Walker and if Ake makes a miraculous recovery, we will be more than alright. And the Arsenal results will be a boost as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.