Real Madrid post match post mortem

Absolutely 100% spot on. I said something similar a few days ago, that I was surprised that we were in contention for anything at all this season, let alone in the later states of three major competitions. To me it's nothing short of incredible, especially bearing in mind where we had come from, and that's why I get so pissed off at the whingers. After the takeover I thought it we win the FA Cup a couple of times and are in contention for a CL place it would be more than I ever thought possible not so long ago. I'm still amazed at how far we have come in a relatively short time.

Spot on

And 100% more glory is only around the corner we are not finished just yet

I think we have been suffering by playing the line as high as we do. This season we have been much more frantic for reasons unexplained as we insist on being attack, attack, attack. Unfortunately, that means teams sit in, Haaland is man marked all day and all night, the wingers can''t do anything and we are often hit on the counter due to our high line. The spaces are also removed because unless you have David Silva you are closed in on immediately. If you compare this to previous seasons, we would sit on the ball for 5 minutes or so and wait for the team to come onto us and pick them off through lightning speed counter attacks more often than not.

Good point about the high line both exposing us defensively and suffocating us going forward. It’s clearly effective to an extent as we have got results from it but not convinced it helps us get the most of what we’ve got

This is the only level headed comment here. I have no respect to this bunch of clowns cursing the penalty takers. They are basically guesses just like rock paper scissors game. It is only bad penalty if the ball was flying out. It is the players doing the 90 min and the extra 30 min to blame for leavening it to absolutely chances, who they don’t want to blame.
Its a ridiculous comment. Never works 99% of the time. Behave…

Better team, lost on pens, shit happens.

Should have put more than 1 chance away but the lads worked their arses off and deserved more from it.

Absolutely gutted
This feeling was always going to come, can’t win all the huge games it’s just part of the game

Hope they can lift themselves for Saturday

CTID
Exactly
I hate this feeling but we can’t win it all we only feel like this because we’re always deep in every competition which is testament to the players and pep

Come on mate.
I don't expect anything.
But he's been shit for months.
Take your blue blinkers off.
38 goals. Who was the last striker to get 38 goals or more in consecutive seasons, or even close, bearing in mind we're not at the end of the season yet? Nothing to do with blinkers, you just expect too much.

He's not the only one

Bernado has been bang average competed to last season, so has Dias and a few others. I'm not saying that because Bernado's penalty, his overall play isn't where it was last year.

Even Alvarez doesn't look quite as good as last year, he looked really sharp last season when he got opportunities, his overall play the moment looks pretty poor at times.

We definitely need a refresh with some genuine quality. Apart from Gvardiol, we've only brought in squad players. We just don't have that bit of magic that we had last season, maybe that's normal and of course that affects some players. so I think we need a bit of a refresh, some new real quality and it will lift other players again
I agree mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.