Real Madrid post match post mortem

Can't fault the effort, gave everything but it wasn't meant to be, when debruyne misses a chance like the one he did you know it's not your day

Fine. Ancelotti is a master at this.. His players did their homework. We haven't hit the heights that much this season so it's hard for me to think we "deserve" more than losing to Real, considering we are fighting for an unprecedented 4th consecutive PL title, and have a great shot at the FA Cup.
Honestly we have achieved so much, we have experience so much joy from the squad it's hard for me to get too upset. Disappointed sure. I would say losing the league will hurt more but still fresh off the treble.

step too far this season.....we looked tired in the second half let alone extra time.

Absolutely battered Madrid but they defended with all 10 outfield players camped on the edge of their area and they did it well

Doku definitely made a difference when he came on...its what you need against a packed defence.

We werent at our best but we were way better than madrid. Foden Rodri Bernardo KDB all making mistakes and playing below their potential but at the same time still to good for Madrid.

Thought Akanji was excellent in the Stones role - just didnt have the cuteness it the critical moments but it was an excellent performance by him

Need to pick ourselves up - that chelsea game has just got a lot harder as players look absolutely shattered physically and mentally.

If you want to be hyper critical, KDB and Foden missed the two biggest chances to put the game to bed but it didn't happen. Let's just vent all the anger and frustration at Chelsea on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.