Real Madrid post match post mortem

No disgrace going out to real madrid on penalties. We are the better side and we were the better side but we didn't do enough.

We scored 3 goals from outside the box in Madrid, they've got their third choice in net, why are we not shooting more? Can't score if you don't shoot. for all the dominance, and we did dominate them, we created very few scoring opportunities and that's been an issue all season long sadly.

First half was awful. No tempo in our game at all, players looking lost and not sure where they should be or whonthey should be marking at times madrid had men free everywhere, we were lucky to keep it to just 0-1. Second half was much more like us, we played a great second half in everything up until the last pass or shot. Have to say credit to madrid too they defended excellently and as the second best team on the planet after us
i expect them to comfortably win it now. That was the final. little bit disappointed arsenal didn't go through now, would have enjoyed them getting a spanking and 2 extra games.

The impossible dream of a double treble is dead now. need to move on. FA cup is going to be a real slog now, I don't see how we can be fresh enough to go into that all guns blazing, lot of players looked floored but a loss there too this weekend can really harm us. We now have to win all our remaining games in the league, that's our saving grace.

Ref was utter wank, tried his very very best to ruin a game of the highest order he didnt wuitr manage it but its nothing but a footnote.

Fans second half were outstanding, can't say we didn't back them right until the end.

Now is where we see the true mentality of this side. Heads up and step up a gear to make sure this season is still a success.

Undone by two weak penalties (you know who you are). Ortega should have faced the pens as he's more competent (I know Ederson saved one and even scored one!!). Pity as we shaded the difficult tie last week and should have progressed to semis at home. KdB ran the show (apart from that unfortunate miss) and Doku caused all sorts of problems. Still league and cup to come

I get this. And im questioning my own sanity but Haaland has been average since last April for me and arguably doesnt suit our playing style…
100% i don't relish in this but my posts when we even started expressing an interest were pretty negative. Nothing to do with him as a lad (top lad he seems) but never a Pep player. I think he was bought 'cos we could get him for £50m and all the talk was going to Madrid in 2 yrs for £150m ...that aint happening now. So were sort of lumbered with him really.

Bad first half, but second half and extra time I thought we were great.

The problem lay in how we started and I think Madrid caught us out. They just sat deep and pumped everything long for the first 20 minutes and we had no answers.

Once the second half started i thought we were excellent. They couldn’t get near us and if not for some wasteful finishing we’d of won that easy.

Gutted, feels horrible but we have to take it on the chin and get ready for Saturday.

Plus the 5 against Luton make his goals per game look better

No way he’s in Peps next 11, he’s not a Pep player I’m a million years
Got to be a contract or brand thing
He’s awful
Next time you write nonsense, read it, read it again and then decide if you want to post it

So foden (who was fucking MIA tonight) as a false nine, coz Alvarez is not the solution?
Foden was shocking tonight and that hasn't been missed by anyone. I don't know what the solution is but we can't continue playing Haaland when he doesn't turn up against any decent side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.